4|Christmas and New Year's Joy

(Y/N) P.O.V.

Christmas was already here, and I hated it. The author is probably too lazy to make anything else or just wants to cut to the chase...

Anyways, Christmas.
It was never any fun for me. Except for the gifts that I got, they were okay. But, what's the point in being the only cheerful one in my family? 

My parents always fought around this time and ruined it for me, so I made it my goal to escape the house every Christmas day.

Thanks to that, I ran into Saiki who was doing some Christmas shopping. I followed him to his house, which was brightly decorated in Christmas lights.

I had dressed in a red Christmas outfit, the same one from a year ago. It was a cute Christmas coat with black leggings and a hat. For this occasion, I had let my hair down and had taken off my glasses, so my (e/c) colored eyes were visible.

Normally I had my hair tied in a low ponytail and glasses resting on the bridge of my nose.

So, somehow, possibly thanks to my mom's girlish style, I ended like a doll dressed up for Christmas.

Our interactions were silent except for Saiki giving me a dull compliment to break the silence. 

I nervously nodded at him and walked in, only to be welcomed by Saiki's mom and Nendou.

As Saiki sat on a chair, sulking, I introduced myself to his mom,
"Hello, I'm (Y/N), Sai-I mean, Kusuo's classmate."

Slightly bowing I smiled and took off my hood.

"It's a pleasure to meet you! By the way, you look so cute in that outfit!"

My face reddened while I unconsciously smiled at her welcoming presence, and a man dressed as Santa walked in, saying, "I'm back!"

I turned to look at him, as he whispered to the lady, "I thought this was supposed to be just family. Now I look like a fool."

"Anyway, who's that guy?" The man whispered, apparently not seeing me.

Saiki P.O.V

My mom replied, "They're Kusuo's friends.

'I don't have friends'

"Kusuo has a friend?! But how? He's such a cold jerk! If I went to school with him and he didn't have powers, I'd punch him in the face!" He whispers yelled so as to not let my classmates hear about my secret.

'Wow, thanks, dad.'

Note the sarcasm.
Catching sight of (Y/N), my foolish father fell on his knees and put his hands together.
"No! Please don't tell me my time has come! I still have my wife and Kusuo to maintain!"

She jumped in surprise and looked at me. I shrugged and my mom picked him up.
"No, honey, that's not an angel, that's (Y/N)."

"WHAT?! No way, Kusuo has a girlfriend?!"

'Seriously?'

"Uhm, no, sir, I'm a friend." (Y/N) scratched the back of her head, feeling awkward.

'You won't be saying that three months from now.'

"What, no way, that ain't (Y/N)."

Nendou spoke up, that idiot.
He looked at her face and gasped, "Woah, it really is you (Y/N)!"

I mentally facepalmed,
'Who did you think she was?!'

(Y/N) P.O.V.

While eating dinner Nendou said his father was dead, and Saiki's parents walked out.
With his mom coming back, his father tried opening the door and came in. I raised a brow as Nendou panicked and actually believed he was Santa.

Then he ran out to look at the reindeer, which was actually a regular deer.
Then they came back in and asked me if my parents were still alive, though cautiously.

"Hm? Yeah, of course, they're alive." Both parents sighed in relief and continued eating.
"Although they're not on best terms..." I quietly muttered.

"Why's that?" Saiki's dad asked.

"Oh, well, you know. They fight a lot, and get mad at each other. It's all financial reasons, really." I played with the fork in my hand and while everyone else exchanged looks, they decided to change the subject.

"Oh I see, are you going to celebrate New Year's day?" His mom now took the wheel and asked me questions.

"Yeah, I'll probably go to the shrine."

Seeing as they were getting nowhere, Saiki's parents, told everyone to finish eating so they could open the presents. I left a bit early so as to not interrupt their family time.

January 1st

I took my time putting on some clothes, so I arrived at the shrine rather late.
I caught sight of some pink hair and squeezed through to see it more clearly. 

Kaidou, Hairo, and Nendou were already there. 

And apparently, I arrived at a bad time for Saiki.

Saiki P.O.V.

I heard my dad give a weird wish while explaining the ritual to Nendou.

"I hope Kusuo gets a girlfriend next!'

'Why are you wishing for that?'

Just then, I heard a familiar feminine voice behind me.

"Saiki, you're here?''

It was the person I did not expect, especially after that prayer from my dad. 

Where was my peaceful year?