5|An unexpected New Year's

Saiki P.O.V.

I turned around and saw (Y/N) in her normal appearance, with her hair tied in a low ponytail and her glasses returning to their original spot.

Her thoughts remained the same whatsoever, and I was kind of glad.

When my foolish father turned around after explaining the ritual he caught sight of (Y/N) and thought his prayers were answered.

"Oh, Saiki, you're here," The female greeted me, and as soon as she spoke my father realized who she was.

'Is she Kusuo's future girlfriend?! Yes, my prayers have been answered!'

'No, did you not hear what I said?'

"Oh (Y/N), good to see you again! Are you here to pray?"

My mom spoke up and welcomed her once again.
'I'm actually interested in what she'll pray for.'

"Oh, right." She then walked up to the bell, rang it three times, bowed two times, and clapped her hands, then brought them together and closed her eyes.

'Please, make this year a better year for my parents. No more fights.'

I raised my brow in confusion, did her parents really fight that much? I wasn't expecting that kind of prayer.

She turned back and my parents invited everyone over to celebrate, as Teruhashi appeared, and obviously, my parents had to invite her too.

When we arrived at my house, everyone took a seat around a table and started getting way too comfortable.

'They've taken over my only sanctuary.'

3rd Person P.O.V.

(Y/N) stood up to use the restroom after a while and didn't hear the rest of the conversation after that.

After washing her hands and drying them, she walked in and ran into Saiki at the doorway. Everyone was quiet and Saiki's dad said, "You might've said a bit too much."

She was confused at what was going on, so her head turned to Saiki for an explanation.
He just had a calm and collected face, while his mom seemed to be frozen up.

"What happened? Did I miss something?"

'Oh, clueless (Y/N).'

She had no idea why everyone was so quiet at the time. It actually took her a while to figure it out, by hearing different stories from the people that were there at the time.

Then the topic changed to the glass of water that had fallen over, spilling water all over.

At the end of the day, everyone left without (Y/N), since she decided to linger a bit longer and help clean up a bit more. She was actually afraid to go back home but eventually left.

"Oh, (Y/N), you didn't have to stay and clean up for us." Mrs. Saiki said after the average female put the last of their dishes away.

"Oh, don't worry about it. You've already done so much for me, it's only natural I stay and help."
She held back a tear as she murmured out a 'how polite,' and turned to grab a tissue.

At school

(Y/N) P.O.V

The first day back at school was kind of strange. Everyone was being more attached than usual, trying to get close to him. I raised my brow as everyone invited him out, and let out a small laugh. He caught sight of me, and I immediately looked away. Feeling his eyes on me, I turned to walk away.

Saiki P.O.V.

Thankfully (Y/N) hadn't heard our conversation during new Year's day, so she remained the same type of person. I caught her giggling at the sight of me getting tortured by these idiots, and couldn't help but feel flustered as well.

'Maybe it's because she doesn't think of me any different than before.'

She turned and left while I finally made up my mind.
'So there is a god...he just hates me...'

A month passed by rather quickly and my least favorite day was here.

'Valentines Day, gross.'

Everyone was smug about getting chocolate from girls, and Toritsuka wouldn't stop bothering me this morning about predicting how much chocolate he would get.

I got chocolate for the first time, from (Y/N).
I was walking down the hallway when Hairo was being crowded with girls giving him chocolate. I turned to leave towards the class and saw (Y/N) on her desk, then she casually walked up to me and handed me a pink bag. I tried to look surprised when I accepted it and looked inside. My face immediately lit up at the sight.

'Coffee jelly flavored chocolate! No way is that even a thing?!'

She smiled and said it was for being 'nice' to her. I hadn't done anything but whatever I did, I'm grateful. I safely put it away, hoping it would last for home.
Of course, I knew it wasn't because she liked me, she was also going to give Kaidou some. So I took it, I mean come on, Coffee Jelly chocolate? There's no way I'm rejecting that.

(Y/N) P.O.V.

I sighed and was glad I had completed one of two tasks.
"Next is Kaidou, where could he be?" I muttered to myself as Saiki daydreamed about Coffee Jelly, and I began my task to look for Kaidou.

Catching sight of him, I called him over and gave him the other red bag.
"Thanks for being my friend, Kaidou." I forced a smile and handed him the bag, while his face turned completely red and froze.

I awkwardly handed him the bag and turned to leave, running into Hairo in the hallway.

"Oh, hey (Y/N)!"

I shivered and waved, and was about to turn to leave when he handed me a red bag.

"It's for helping me after school the other day! And helping clean up the club room."

I widened my eyes and took the bag, surprised. No boy had ever given me Valentines day chocolate.

I smiled and said, "Thank you."

He smiled back and got hoarded with girls again.

I happily skipped to class, receiving a bit more chocolate from girls I had helped study. Like I said, I normally only get anything from girls on Valentine's day, and its kinda forced chocolate, since they give it to me for a reason.

'Today's going a lot better than I expected!'