34| Pt. 4- A long Fall; Rescued for Good

Part Four of 'Shipwrecked'.

3rd Person POV

The wind blew upward, and a whoosh sound clouded her ears. Like flies, it buzzed. Wasn't that odd? Wasn't the wind supposed to blow sideways? No, it wasn't the wind. It was the friction of (Y/N)'s body falling towards the center of the earth. Gravity pulled her down once there was nothing to stop it, and how betrayed she felt by realizing it was bringing her certain death, if not serious injuries. 

She didn't know if the pounding in her ears was the sound of her thumping heart or of the wind filling her ears. The last thing she saw was Saiko's face, leaning over the edge of the cliff as he watched her fall with horror. He was too far for (Y/N) to make out his expression. She did see him panicked, but whatever he was saying or yelling, she couldn't hear.

Everything had happened so fast, and (Y/N) still hadn't come to the realization she was no longer falling. Kusuo had caught her seconds ago, having appeared out of thin air. She didn't comprehend what he was yelling, so panicked with his eyes wide. Hell, even sweat dripped from his forehead and his breathing was heavy yet there was no way he could have made it across the island in time to save her. 

That made her understand a couple of things at that moment. One, it was incredibly hard to breathe and no matter how open her mouth was, no air came in. Two, her vision was darkening very quickly. Soon, she was slipping into oblivion with a sharp pain in her arm, as if it were being squeezed. 

And three, Saiki Kusuo could teleport.

Kusuo's breathing started to slow as he regained his composure, holding her limp body tight before turning his head up to where Saiko was. It all happened so fast, Saiko was still processing (Y/N) falling when Kusuo's gaze met his. It felt as if a cold bucket of ice had been dropped on him with how much he shivered. Even his knees felt weak as Kusuo sent one deathly glare at him. 

Saiko trembled and mustered up the courage to frown, thinking 'Hah! H-How dare that pleb glare at me! And what's up with those teleportation powers?! What is he, a psy-' Before he even finished his thought, Kusuo drew his arm back and flung a yellow object at him with all his strength.

It hit Saiko straight on the forehead, pain coursing through his head before he passed out on the cliff. Kusuo huffed and rubbed his temple, using his telekinesis to place both bodies on giant leaves and bringing them back to the campfire. He checked their pulses to ensure they weren't in mortal danger, and because he was completely against hitting (Y/N), he lightly tapped her head with the device that looked like Nanana the Banana. It would alter their memories so that they had no recollection of the past hour. It would definitely work on Saiko, but as for (Y/N) ...

'I have a hunch...that she'll figure it out regardless of having her memory erased.'

She made a small noise and flinched in her sleep; a nightmare evident on her frowning face. Kusuo tucked her in and turned back to the forest, where he had a long night ahead of him. Chopping trees and moving bushes from this island to another was going to take him the whole night, so he grumbled as he rolled his sleeves up, heading into the forest to finally get them off that darn island.

---

(Y/N) POV

It was dark. I heard the sound of crashing waves and whistling wind as I plunged into my certain death. Sure, I could swim, but what if I didn't even land in the water? What if I fell flat on the rocks against the cliff and died with all my organs splattered everywhere?

I wanted to scream for help, but my voice caught in my throat, and I could only reach upward, extending my hand towards the sky as if someone would grab it and pull me up. But all I see is the endless sky above me. So hazy, so empty. Vast, like the body of water just below me. Where the sky and earth meet, that's where it ends.