14|Red Bean Anmitsu

The last day in Okinawa

3rd Person P.O.V.

Ah Yes, the final day in Okinawa, meaning, souvenir shopping. Well, for most people anyways. Except for two certain highschoolers.

'Ha, you fools. I've done souvenir shopping the past two days!

*Cough*Too broke to afford anything.-KG

Now I can just enjoy the delicious Red bean Anmitsu today.'

*Cough* Saved all the money for food.-KG

(Y/N) secretly smirked as she saw the group of highschoolers search for souvenirs.

Meanwhile, Kaidou and Nendou were walking towards some shops, and Saiki thought, 'Fools. You guys buy your knick knacks, I've got something important to eat.' And started planning his escape.

Flashback

During the plane flight, (Y/N) had been flipping through a magazine when she stumbled upon the Coffee Red Bean Anmitsu. The most rarest and delicious dessert in Okinawa, which is why they only sell 6 per day. She widened her eyes and decided she would like to try one, catching Saiki's attention. He looked over and remembered that it was the same magazine he had been flipping through earlier.

'I see you are a girl of culture as well, (Y/N).' And turned the other way before she noticed.

Present time

Now, with both students having one destination in mind, they each  hurried to try this rare dessert, with obstacles to overcome as well.
.
.
.
.

Saiki's first obstacle was to get away from Kaidou and Nendou, which didn't prove to be so difficult. While they were buying souvenirs, Saiki managed to slip out.

As for (Y/N), she just casually walked away as Teruhashi and Yumehara tried to stop Mera from eating all the samples, not even noticing that (Y/N) had left.

Next, was getting to the shop in time before the Coffee Red Bean Anmistu ran out.
On his way there, Saiki caught sight of Takahashi groaning as he held his stomach, two classmates by his side.

One of them called out, "Hey Saiki! Go get a teacher before he spews!"

'Get one yourself."

Sighing, Saiki quickly looked for a teacher before continuing on his way.

'I just wasted precious time on a stupid stomachache. Well, atleast now there's nothing in my w-'

A certain blue haired male appeared, and with drool coming out of his mouth, he demanded to know where his "Kokomi" was.

"KOKOMI!!! YOUR BIG BROTHER HAS COME ALL THE WAY TO OKINAWA TO BE WITH YOU!"

Saiki used his hypnosis to make hin believe a bystander was Teruhashi, and rapidly walked away as Mugami hugged the girl, not realizing it wasn't "his Kokomi".

Meanwhile

As (Y/N) was waiting for the pedestrial signal to change and let her cross the street, an old lady, also waiting, dropped her wallet and a bunch of coins spilled out at the exact moment the light turned white.

"Oh dear..." the lady slowly bent down while no one stopped to help her.

(Y/N) longingly stared at the white stickman and impatiently turned to help pick the coins up.

She quickly gathered all the coins and returned them to the lady's wallet, watching as she struggled to pick one up with her slim fingers.

When all the coins were back in the wallet, the signal had turned red, signaling that you could no longer cross the street, and therefore had to wait another 5 minutes until it changed again.

Upon arriving at the shop, out of breathe might I say, (Y/N) reached for the door at the same time as a certain pink headed boy, and bumped hands with him.

"Huh? Saiki?" She turned to look up, (cuz she's short, lol)
and saw Saiki staring down at her. It then hit her that he was probably here for the Red Bean Anmistu as well.

"Oh, are you here for the Red Bean Anmitsu too? You should have told me." (Y/N) said and slid open the door while thinking, 'I hope we still made it in time to try it...'

Upon opening the door, they were welcomed with their travel group that they both had tried so hard to avoid.

(Y/N) was quite surprised, and Saiki had already known even before (Y/N) had opened the door. They turned towards the waiter and asked for the Red Bean Anmitsu in unison.

"Oh, the Red Bean Anmistu? Well, this is just the right place to buy it, but I'm afraid there's only one left."

"W-What?!" (Y/N)'s spirit went down when she realized there were two people who wanted 1 dessert.

Thoughts and problems quickly passed through her mind, and she couldn't come up with any solutions that concluded that both would get to try the dessert.

'Should we split? No, only couples do that...And there's no more. One person is not going to try it..Who will it be?'

Find out next time! On Dragon Ba-Oh wait, wrong anime. -KG

Sighing, (Y/N) made her decision and with one pat on Saiki's shoulder she said, "You can order it. I'll just order something else..." and went to look at the menu with a noticeable dissapointed face.

Saiki frowned as an unknown feeling rised within his chest, seeing as how (Y/N) decided to make a sacrifice and let him be the one to try it. He almost wanted to raise his hand and salute for her honorable sacrifice, but came up with a better idea.

The group had pulled two chairs for the two that had just arrived and moved so that there was enough space for everyone to sit together.

Once (Y/N) and Saiki were seated, the waiter brought in the last Red Bean Anmistu and (Y/N) turned her head so as to not stare at it and regret her decision.

While flipping through the menu to order something worthy of her sacrifice, (Y/N) didn't notice Saiki ordering a clean bowl and spoon and dividing the Red Bean Anmistu between the two bowls.

The whole trip, Saiki had noticed how excited (Y/N) was. From jumping at the sound of 'dessert', to drooling over the posters and cafe's they had passed during their trip, not to mention he could read everyone's mind, so he was completely aware of her feelings.

She had been looking forward to try this dessert since they first arrived, all for it to be ruined when she found out there were no more left.

Giving one last dissapointed sigh, (Y/N) decided to go with a cheescake slice of her choice and was about to order when Saiki held out the bowl for her.

Widening her eyes, she looked at everyone's bowl to see that they all had some dessert missing even though she never heard them eating it. She thankfully grabbed it and dug in as soon as she recieved the spoon. Everyone else had also put in a share of theirs, and (Y/N) was beaming when she took the first bite.

'Its as good as they say!'

She turned red when she noticed everyone staring at her and then bursting out into laughter, so she hid her face behind the bowl as everyone else also took a bite of their own.

'Is this...what having friends is like?' She thought to herself as she glanced up to see everyone talking with each other and including her in their conversations. She then looked down at her bowl, and couldn't stop the smile that appeared on her lips.

She didn't know Saiki was the one who ordered the bowl, or that he secretly smiled to himself when he saw how happy she and everyone else were.

Saiki P.O.V.

The Red Bean Anmistu was truly the best dessert in Okinawa. It was worth my sacrifices.

I glanced at (Y/N) and was surprised when I saw a smile on her face. I didn't know she was capable of that, (no offense).

Bringing the spoon filled with the delicious Red Bean Anmistu up to my mouth, I grinned and thought, 'This isn't so bad afterall.'

And took one huge bite.