14. Homework and/or Job Work

Setting: nyc, married, working

"You want another coffee too?" Kurt asks, hugging his husband from behind. Blaine sits at the table, papers spread all over it and Kurt stands behind him. Yes please" the curly haired man mumbles and looks up. "Okay" Kurt says and bends down to kiss the other man.

Then he leaves to make more coffee for them both. It's Sunday and the couple has some work to do. Blaine has to correct papers for his classes tomorrow and since fashion week comes closer Kurt is also loaded with work from Vogue.

Once the coffee is done Kurt comes back to the table and puts one mug down to where Blaine sits at the table. He kisses his cheek and then goes around the table to sit down on the other side, putting his mug down and continues with his own work.

For a while both work in silence, concentration on their own work but that's until Blaine breaks the silence "Honey I need your opinion". When Kurt looks up he continues "The paper was okay but the student stands between a B and a C. What do I do?".

"I could give you a neutral answer and say give them the B to motivate them and make their day a bit better. Or I could be me and say if you like that student give them a B and if you don't give them a C" Kurt answers and takes a sip from his coffee.

Blaine rolls his eyes, he should've known that his husband says something like that. Still he smiles "Thank you. But I think I'll stay with the neutral option". He takes a red marker and writes a B in the corner.

"Now I need your help" Kurt says and holds up a paper with a design he worked on. A dress, mid length, soft yellow. "Good like this or do you think a black belt or so would fit to that?" he asks. Blaine takes a moment to take in the already beautiful design before saying "I'd put a belt with it but maybe not black. Some kind of brown maybe and like a braided optic? I think that would look cute".

"Sweet thanks" Kurt answers and continues ti finish the design. They work in silence again but not long after both are done and can spend the rest of the beautiful Sunday with doing something fun.