25. Keeping Plants

Setting: nyc, engaged, college

Kurt loves to keep plants in their apartment. He says it gives everything a little more life and color. Living in New York, Blaine thinks, plants are good ideas.

The only problem is that the couple is pretty busy all the time. Until two days ago Blaine was away. His college wanted him to get some experience in teaching so he flew back to Lima to watch Mr Schue at McKinley.

Kurt is busy too. NYADA has high expectations so Kurt spends a lot of his free time in college to finish a choreography or to learn lines with people from his class and so on.

The plants on the other hand get neglected. On Wednesday Kurt comes home late, 8 pm already. He walks in on Blaine standing in the living room and staring at their plants.

"Honey what are you doing?" The chestnut haired man asks and Blaine asks back "Did you water the plants while I was in Lima?". "Maybe but I'm not sure. Maybe I forgot" Kurt answers, hugging his fiancé from behind and when he sees the plants he mumbles "Oh".

"I think we spend too much time away. We're too busy" Blaine saxs "We haven't spend a nice evening together at home since so long and these poor things are proving that".

"How about we water the plants now and then have a nice evening. We try to get the plants back up again and if not we buy new plants and do better with them" Kurt proposes "They are now our guide and warn us if we spend too much time away".

"I like that idea" Blaine says, turns around and kisses Kurt before going to the kitchen to get some water for their plants. Once done the couple changes in comfortable clothes. It's too late so instead of cooking they order Chinese food and watch a movie together.