29. House Cleaning

Setting: nyc, married, working

On the weekends Kurt and Blaine try to do the chores they didn't got to do over the week. Especially since they have a dog and started working.

A lot in their lives changed but they always find a solution. In this case it's a win-win situation. They do the chores to keep the apartment clean and when they do it's their little time and space.

No one disturbs them. They don't reply to texts. They don't answer the phone or the door. It's just them. Now that they have less time over the week together, even less than they had in college, they spend more time together on the weekend. They enjoy every minute of it and chores don't seem so bad anymore.

Especially Kurt is really busy. After college Blaine applied to a teaching spot at a middle school. He needed a little time to really get into this but once he did he fell into routine quickly.

Kurt was offered a side role of a broadway show about a month after graduating from NYADA. He first went to the casting a week before graduation and made it to the final round. Now he's busy practicing the three songs he's in, dance steps and his lines. Blaine of course supports him if he's done preparing classes and correcting tests.

When they start the show in two weeks Kurt will have even less time. Especially on the weekends but they will manage. They always do. As long as there's still some time the couple starts the day with a nice breakfast after sleeping in. They do a bit of laundry and clean the kitchen.

The plants are next. Kurt and Blaine always take care of them together as a simbol of spending more time together. The plants also bring a bit more nature to a big and busy city that is New York. It reminds them a little of Lima, the nature there and Kurts parents house with all the plants.

Until lunch they take a little break, watiching some tv and taking Felix for a walk. They cook and eat lunch together before calling Burt. They don't answer calls but they always call Burt Saturday at 2 just to keep in touch with him and Carol and catch up about what's happening in Lima.

After lunch they tidy up a bit more and clean the bathroom before sitting down on the couch again. Blaine takes his book and Kurt works on a sketch for a design idea he has. They talk more than actually reading or sketching but talking is fine too. They talk about everything and nothing. They talk about the past week. They talk about the plans they have with their friends tomorrow.