17

CHAPTER 17 — THE CLAIRVOYANT'S MIND

(THIRD PERSON'S POINT OF VIEW)

HER given ability was luck for others.

Clairvoyance. It's the ability to know about things or see current events that are not present to the senses. It can be the way to find out others' secrets, to see something you are not allowed to, and basically to search for someone.

Her father and uncle warned her about telling her ability to others. She was forbidden to tell it. She was banned to tell some things that she discover because of her ability, like how she discovered her used-to-be-bestfriend was a fake, plastic and two-faced bitch who truly hated her. But then, that issue was long ago when she was still in junior high school.

"Ma'am Dwein."

Her head turned around automatically when she heard someone calling her name. That stopped her from eating breakfast. It was a maid standing few meters away behind her.

"Yeah?"

"Sa'yo ata ito." The maid went closer and handed her a necklace. Dwein's brows furrowed as she stared at its pendant. An initial D.

"It's not mine. Pero akin na rin, kilala ko kung kanino 'to." She snatched it from the maid's hand and put it on her pocket.

It was Celeste's. Her cousin owned that necklace. People might get confused why the pendant says D, it's because that necklace was a gift from a relative. The relative thought that the name of her cousin was Dwein and that she was named Celeste. It might be a funny thing for others but it's an insult for her. Naalala niya pa kung paano siya naasar doon sa kamag-anakan nilang 'yon.

Dwein thought Celeste would be mad and irritated accepting a necklace with D as its pendant, but she laughed at it so hard and even spread a rumor in their previous school that her name was really Dwein. Ang babaw talaga ng kaligayahan ng babaitang 'yon, she thought.

Dwein was alone in the table, it's past six in the morning and as far as she knew her father already left. Ganoon din panigurado ang kanyang Tito Andy. Umakyat kaagad siya nang matapos kumain. While she's walking on the hallway on the second floor, a door near her opened. Niluwa noon si Valfer. Nagkatinginan sila saglit hanggang sa napunta ang tingin niya sa hawak nitong tray na may lamang empty plates at bowls.

"You freaking eat breakfast inside your room?" she asked while walking, her brows furrowed. Her question wasn't even waiting for an answer, it was more of a reaction.

Valfer didn't answer either. Kita ni Dwein ang maliit na awang sa labi ng pinsan na para bang may sasabihin ito pero hindi na lang tinuloy.

She stopped when she was in front of her bedroom. She even looked at Valfer, getting weirded out a bit. Naglalakad na ito papunta sa hagdan, marahil ay pababa para ihatid 'yong pinagkainan. Hindi naman siya kumakain ng meal sa loob ng kwarto kaya bakit siya kumain doon, isip-isip ni Dwein.