40

CHAPTER 40 — THEIR ARRIVAL

THE website has been updated again.

The person behind this just never stopped meddling in people's life, huh. Specifically in our life! Mas updated pa siya sa nangyayari sa pamilya ko. 'Yong iba namang pino-post, mga fake news. May galit siguro 'to kay Dad.

There's this article about our hospital, saying how it struggles to handle a lot of patients because of lack of employees and materials. I scoffed in disbelief while reading its content. Hindi raw makapag-hire ng mga employees kasi kulang sa pampasweldo, at walang pampasweldo kasi binubulsa raw ng sarili kong nanay 'yong pera ng ospital. Ah talaga? That's the worst news they can give? That's it? Sus, hina!

As far as I know, issues about Rioflorido General Hospital started when the issue about a gifted person was brought in the hospital and then ended up killing a father of two patients. That issue na sa harapan ko pa mismo pinag-chichismisan no'ng mga nurse rati. Nabanggit na ni Dwein itong mga issue-ng ito sa akin once. As far as I know, the person behind this website hates our family so bad. While some of the articles are true, there are still articles that are just posted for the sake of ruining our image.

Yes, my family did illegal things in terms of faking the identification and some important papers. But never... never ever my parents did those shits this website is talking about. Binulsa ang budget na para sa ospital?! Seriously? First of all, my mom was the most passionate person I know when it comes to being a doctor. She never cared so much about money. Pinanganak lang na mayaman ang pamilyang pinanggalingan niya. May business nga siya rati bago pa siya nagkaroon ng ospital.

And no, I'm not saying all these things just to cover my family's shits. Kasi unang-una sa lahat, hindi naman talaga totoo 'yong mga 'yon. Pangalawa, alam kong naninira lang sila. So, instead of stressing myself over the content of that article, I clicked the exit button and continued scrolling down on the other titles of the articles.

I've found out other 'news' about us, some actually happened or are happening, some... are obviously meant to just ruined us. As much as possible, I'm trying to ignore them. Sa pag-i-scroll ko, napatigil ako bigla at napatitig sa dalawang articles na kaka-post lang.

'Who is Fenella Meneses?'

'A Dead Girl Come Back to Life'

My jaw almost dropped.

What?!

What the heck are these? Bakit biglang nadamay 'yang pangalan na 'yan?

Who is Fenella Meneses? A dead girl come back to life?

They know there's a human who really has a name Fenella Meneses? And they know she's dead? And what's with the 'a dead girl come back to life'? Is this article talking about me? Like how my name is Fenella Meneses, when in fact the real Fenella was already dead?

But how? I mean, let's say, they've found me here and that's probably why I could always feel someone's spying on me, but then how would they know that I'm using the name Fenella? And how would they know the real Fenella is dead? So, that's how close this person is? I don't even know who I'm talking about. And I realized, that made it even worst. To hide in an enemy who you have no idea about. It's like playing a survival game without knowing who's your real opponent.

Kunot-noo kong binabasa ang mga articles na 'yon, skimming it and trying to find an answer to all of my questions. I couldn't help but feel nervous. Scared. Alarmed. I heaved a deep sigh. This whole thing that's currently happening is getting serious and serious. Trent Cabrera told me that El Salazar will be a safe place. I believed him. But then, is this place really safe for us... for me?