24

CHAPTER 24 — ALEX'S NOTES

I slowly opened my eyes. The glossy brown ceiling was the first thing that I saw. My shoulders and back felt so relaxed and comfortable in this mattress. A large window was widely open just beside the bed, welcoming the fresh yet cold wind. When I glanced at it, it was still early in the morning. The sun was just about to rise.

Agad kong kinuha ang phone ko sa pag-aakalang katabi ko lang ito pero wala akong makapa sa bedside table. Then, I realized it was still in my purse. So, I sat and grabbed my purse before getting my phone inside it. There's a message from Mom, as I expected.

From: Mom
How's the flight? Did you guys arrive safely?

Kinusot ko muna ang mata ko at humikab bago nag-type ng ire-reply.

To: Mom
The flight was almost 15 hours. When we landed here, it was ten in the evening. It's as if we took a flight for a whole day hahaha.

Kasi naman, ten kami ng gabi umalis sa Pilipinas pagdating dito gabi rin tapos ten PM din.

After I sent that, I typed another message.

To: Mom
The house was far, Mom. I didn't expect it. I thought the house would be just blocks away from the airport, but what the heck it's kilometers away! But yeah, we arrive safely. We all got jetlag last night, so we just picked random rooms and dozed ourselves in sleep. And now, it's morning here!

I sent it and put my phone down on the side table. Agad na sinarado ko ang glass window dahil sa lamig at pinulupot sa sarili ang jacket. This room, my temporary bedroom, was a little bit smaller than my room back in Enfanta. The ceiling was painted glossy brown, same with the floor. The wall has two colors, dark brown and cream. Almost all the furnitures here like the bed, the table, the cabinets, all of those were either painted brown and white or they're naturally brown.

To be honest, I like the colors. It matched everything.

After fixing my bed, I went outside, leaving my luggages still not fix. Simula noong dumating kami kagabi, hindi ko pa iniimis 'yong mga gamit ko. Nakakalat pa sa kwarto 'yong mga bag ko. There's a hallway outside the room and a set of stairs at the end of the hallway. Tanging ang ilaw lang na nakabukas ay ang nag-iisang maliit na chandelier sa pinakang-gitna ng kisame. Medyo madilim pa sa labas dahil nga pasikat pa lang ang araw.

I was quietly walking until I reached the stairs. Tanaw ko ang ilaw sa ibaba. Dalawa lang ang palapag ng bahay na 'to. If I were to compare this house to our mansion in Enfanta, our mansion back home was way larger. This may be smaller than the mansion, but it's cozy and well-ventilated. Magandang bakasyunan.

I went downstairs and went to the kitchen. I already know it's the kitchen when I heard a sound of someone frying. A smell of ham and bacon filled my nose as I entered the kitchen. Napunta ang tingin ko kay Uncle na nasa tapat ng stove at nagluluto. Siya lang ang tanging narito. Part of me was expecting that Trent was already here... and yeah, even the driver. Ni hindi ko nga kilala kung sino 'yong driver na 'yon at paano nila nakuha. Sa pagkakaalam ko, dito rin siya natulog.