58

CHAPTER 58 — LUCKY LIFE

CHAPTER  58 — LUCKY LIFE

(VALFER'S POV)

WE arrived at Enfanta at dawn. The sun was almost rising.

My whole system was so tired I only wanted to lay on my bed, but I know Mr. Trent had it worse. He was up all night, driving. Although, I asked him couple of times that we switched—he rests, I drive—he would always reject it and claimed that he wasn't that tired. He was clearly lying.

When I opened the door, the first thing that greeted me was the noise coming from the holographic television and Dwein laying on the sofa. She was watching some documentary show so early in the morning.

"Oh, you're already awake?" Trent reacted when he saw Dwein.

Napabangon naman 'yong isa nang maramdamang dumating na kami. "Well, the whole mansion was freaking out. Talagang hindi ka makakatulog. Dad, Tito, and Tita weren't here. Sina Tito at Dad, kagabi pa umalis, after niyong ibalita na nahuli si Celeste. While tita left earlier, it was like around three."

So, they all left, huh.

They were all panicking. Who wouldn't? Celeste was already caught.

Dwein immediately turned off the television and gave her full attention to us.

"What happened? Like how it exactly happened? How did she end up getting caught?" Her eyebrows drew together as she bombarded us with questions.

"Institute Center saw her before we do." Mr. Trent sat on the other sofa and rested his head on its backrest, staring at the ceiling. "We don't know how it exactly happened. We never get to talk to her personally. They have gifteds with them, so it was kind of easy for them to catch her."

"And Van was there," I uttered, capturing Dwein's attention.

"Van Alexandria?" she scoffed. "Oh yeah, of course, he was there. He was one of the reasons why this is happening."

And my mind kept on reminding and reminding me the fact that he did this for the sake of money. Sa mga kasinungaling sinabi niya sa akin noon tungkol sa kung paanong gusto niya kaming tulungang hanapin 'yong boss niya, dalawa lang naman ang kapani-paniwala roon e. I knew he did it because Danyl Soledad told him to, and I was also sure that he did it because he was paid to do it.

All of it. . . for the sake of money.

Kaya niyang tiisin na gawin 'yon sa pamilya ng best friend niya. . . for the sake of money.

I could still remember one of the sayings he would always tell me when we were kids.

"Ang kakampi mo ay kakampi ko. Ang kaibigan mo ay kaibigan ko. Ang pamilya mo ay pamilya ko rin."

Then why did he do it? Porket ba ang alam niya ay patay na si Alex? Did he already throw all the promises he made? Kung alam mo lang, Van. Kung alam mo lang.