70

CHAPTER 70 THE INVISIBLE WOMAN

CHAPTER 70 — THE INVISIBLE WOMAN

(VALFER'S POV)

THE moment my phone flew from my grip, I knew someone's with us. Someone that we couldn't see. However, we were both silent. None of us spoke about it, as if we were trying to pretend nothing happened.

We continued our way until we reached the end of the corridor and there's another closed door. I held it but immediately realized it was locked. Okay. Another locked door. Great. I glanced at Van. He met my eyes. I saw the urge in his eyes to change his form once again and transform into the middle-aged gifted man he copied earlier.

"Giovanni Alexandria." A taunting, feminine voice interrupted us. "I knew from the start you're not a loyal pet."

We stopped and turned around, but saw nothing. The voice sounded calm yet mocking. I gave Van another glance. His brows furrowed slightly, looking around the corridor, trying to search for the owner of that voice. The voice probably came from a gifted who had invisibility as her gift. One of Danyl's gifted minions, for sure.

"Amara Simone Sevilla." Van mentioned her name with full sarcasm, mocking her back. "I kind of missed that name. It had been months since the last time we've talked."

But I didn't think he really missed her, and the woman probably knew it because she responded with a sarcastic laugh.

"Sabi ko na nga ba't may tinatago kang kaplastikan e," the woman added.

"Worth it ka naman kasing plastikin. Mas lalo kang nagmumukhang tanga."

All of a sudden, Van slammed against the wall beside him. The force was strong enough to make him wince. I could hear the faint footsteps the woman was making. She was trying to make her exact location a little less obvious but I could somehow hear her footsteps. Van stood up, massaging his shoulders and back.

"That's how you're going to greet me? You seemed lost your hospitality a little bit." He shook his head, as if acting disappointed.

While the two of them were both busy throwing sarcastic remarks, I was here standing by the door, busy figuring out how would we get to the other side of the door. If Van could just transformed into that middle-aged man again, he could break this door, but that invisible woman would've become hindrance. I, however, wasn't strong enough to kick this sturdy door and immediately broke it. If my eyes could break inanimate objects once I laid my attention to them, I could've gone to the other side of the door easily. We need to get rid of this woman first.

"I thought Danyl wanted to expose Celeste because it's the right thing to do. Then why didn't he entrust the task of investigating her to the authorities? Doesn't that make you think?" Van taunted.

Kumunot ang noo ko dahil sa sinabi niya. What was he implying?

"Anong pinagsasasabi mo?" she responded.