72

CHAPTER 72 HER ILLUSION

WE were no longer inside Danyl's house

WE were no longer inside Danyl's house. All of us were now here, stuck in the middle of a desert. The bruises, wounds, and pain I've got all vanished. I slowly stood up. My knees were no longer weakened. My elbows weren't wobbling anymore. I could feel my strength coming back.

Danyl and Noah were standing few steps away from me. Shock were evident on their faces. Palinga-linga sila sa paligid. Liam and Dwein were also here. My lips parted upon seeing Dwein's situation. She was on her knees with tears visibly streaming down her face. May pasa siya sa mukha niya at dumudugo ang braso. Liam was standing in front of her, holding a knife. Pareho silang natigilan at gulat na gulat na nakatingin sa paligid.

Liam had the guts to hurt a woman?

Napalingon ako sa kabilang direksyon nang mapansing may dalawa pang taong nakatayo. Ilang hakbang mula sa kinatatayuan ko, nakatayo pareho sina kuya Valfer at Van. They both looked beaten up. Van had his eyes on me, looking as shock as the others. My lips parted when I meet Valfer's gaze. He was here. Ibig sabihin, hindi agad siya umuwi nang makitang wala ako sa apartment? He searched for me. . . with Van? They were the visitors Noah was talking about? Aside from them, I could also see Amara meters away from me, lying on the sand, bruised and weakened.

I was able to use my illusion to everyone in Danyl's house?

I got interrupted when a bullet pierced through my chest. I heard Van screaming the word "no" when the bullet went into my skin. Napaangat ako ng tingin at nakita ang baril na hawak ni Danyl. He was pointing it directly at me. Ngunit imbes na dumugo ang dibdib ko o makaramdam ako ng sakit, lumampas lang 'yong bala sa akin at nalaglag sa buhangin. Danyl's lips parted. Kita ang pagkagulat sa mukha niya.

"How fool are you, killing me inside my own illusion?" I looked blankly at his eyes as I walked towards him. "You wanted to know my family's secrets, right? This is it. This is who I am. This is what my family hides."

I stopped in front of him. His eyes were filled with horrors as he tried to shoot me multiple times, but the bullets weren't even affecting me. I extended my arm and put my hand in his left eye. I slowly inserted my fingers in his eye socket and pulled it out. His scream thundered across the desert. He fell on his knees, screaming and crying while holding his eyes. Blood started to drip down his face.

Noah and Liam charged towards me. However, before they could even get to me, their feet started sinking to the sand. They couldn't move and even Liam couldn't use his teleportation ability. Their bodies were slowly sinking. Muli kong nilingon si Danyl. He was still screaming his lungs out. Maya-maya'y natigilan siya at tiningnan ang kamay na kanina lang ay may dugo. The bloods were gone.

Kinapa niya rin ang kaliwang mata niya at napagtantong nandoon pa rin 'yon. Inangat niya ang tingin sa akin. His face was tensed and lips were parted. My lips curved into a smile as I bent down to level his face.