75

CHAPTER 75 FRIENDS? 

(VALFER'S POINT OF VIEW)

WHEN Uncle Finn arrived, I left Celeste's room. It was already around 9 in the evening. Uncle said that Mom was on her way here. As I was waiting for the elevator to go down, my mind was flooded with the thoughts of what happened last night.

The image of Danyl Soledad's eye being taken out. His painful scream. The blood dripping down his face. And Celeste watching him suffer. I saw it in her eyes last night, the urge of wanting to kill someone. She lost it last night. She almost lost her control. She was so ready to make Danyl Soledad feel the sensation of painfully dying.

Years ago, it was me who had that look. The strong feeling that you wanted to see them suffer, to see them crying and begging.

They pushed me and I fell on the floor. They removed the blindfold covering my eyes, before removing the handcuffs around my wrists. When I looked around, I saw myself in a white room with a single bed, a table, a chair, and a cabinet. They brought me here. They brought me in this place where they locked gifted people who seemed to be a threat.

Biglang nagsilabasan ng kwarto 'yong mga lalaking nagdala sa akin dito at agad na sinarado ang pinto. Nagmamadali akong tumakbo papunta roon at sumilip sa maliit na bintana na nasa pinto. I was heavily crying. Tears were continuously streaming down my face.

"I didn't threaten the kids," I sobbed.

The men just looked at me. Ni hindi ako nakakita ng kahit katiting na awa mula sa kanila.

"I didn't harm them. Please," I begged.

They wouldn't believe I didn't threaten the kids. All I wanted was to make friends. I thought those kids wanted to be my friends. They invited me in their house, we eat and play some games. Then they started making fun of me, until they told the guards I was threatening them.

"You stay there and keep your mouth shut," one of the men firmly said.

"But I didn't do anything. I wanted to talk to my nana."

"I said keep your fucking mouth shut!" His voice thundered across the hallway. I jolted out of fear. All of a sudden, he raised the remote he was holding and showed it to me as he clicked the button that electrify me.

They would never believe me, kahit na totoo namang wala akong binantaan at sinaktan. They never did, just because I have this ability. This Death Inducement ability.

"Alex! Alex!" There came my nana's voice.

My eyes lit up. "Nana! Nana!"