5. In the Proof

-Chapter Nor Edited-

Jeremiah Tamir Green
Chicago, IL

Jeremiah Tamir GreenChicago, IL

May 28th, Sunday
7:45 PM

"Come here and sit yo' bad ass down" I sucked my teeth as Tamir continued to jump on my OG furniture. I don't want to hear that lady mouth.

Tamir frowned folding his arms into his chest.

"Soon as you cry ima' take yo' ass back home, all that crying shit for girls lil folks." I told him.

"Shut the fuck up." Tamir whined and I shrugged my shoulders muffing his head.

"Stop cursing for I tell yo' granny." I warned him grabbing the ps5 controller.

"I heard him, watch yo' mouth gbaby before I pop you." My momma came into the living room with our plates.

"NaNa he be messing with me." Tamir pouted.

"Boy, ain't nobody been messing with yo' crybaby ass." I mugged him.

"Jeremiah stop acting like a child." My momma said causing me to scrunch my face up.

I sucked my teeth not wanting to hear her lecture.

"How Malaya's been doing?" She ask as I start to dig into the Mac and cheese.

I shrugged. "She alright."

"That's to be expected being a single mother and all. I just wished y'all would've worked it out for Gbaby." My momma began.

"I ain't teach you like that, Jeremiah. I ain't raise you to be a man that steps out on the mother of his child and treats her like shit." She continued.

"Gbaby, right here." I scrunched my face up.

I looked at Tamir as he was biting into his chicken paying attention to our conversation.

I know I did Malaya wrong her entire pregnancy, after and before but I ain't no monster and I definitely don't want my son to see me as one either.

My OG sighed looking at Tamir and his big ass eyes.

"NaNa can I stay the night?" Tamir asked.

"Naw, nigga you got daycare in the morning-yo momma want you home." I told him.

"Mommy said Nigga a bad word." Tamie scrunched his face up.

"You could say Nigga, yo' momma can't." I shrugged.

"Ununt, yo' momma right-don't use that word baby. It's taking our ancestries back a hundred years." My OG informed us causing me to sigh.

Here she go with this spiritual shit.

"Ima' call mommy and ask her can I stay. NaNa I stay and go to church again with you tomorrow?" Tamir asked grabbing his apple iPad with his greasy hands.