26. The scare

:::

January 28th6:45 pm

January 28th
6:45 pm

"Eat yo' potatoes." I told Tamir. My momma went to go pick up Tamir for me, Malaya was still acting crazy and shit.

Somebody need to put that bitch down.

"I don't want these." Tamir pouted. "Is Nae okay?"

I turned towards the bathroom hearing Azhanae throw up.

"She just got food poison." I shrugged. "She cool lil man, finish eating yo' food before I take you back to yo' momma house."

"Why can't I stay the night with you and Nae?" He ask causing me to sigh heavily.

"Yo' momma want you to come home tonight." I told him truthfully.

"Are you and mommy mad at each other again?"

"Naw, you ain't even gotta worry about that." I chuckle. "I'll come get you tomorrow too, we gon' go see the minions."

He chuckle. "Okay, but I want a blue slushee."

"Got you, let me go check on Nae." I told him getting up from the table walking towards the bathroom.

"You alright?" I ask her as she hung over the toilet.

She groan leaning onto the bathtub, throwing her head back. "I'm so sick, I just want this to pass already."

I licked my lips. "Want some water?"

She nodded her head. "Tamir, grab me a water bottle."

"Grab your own water bottle!" He yell from the kitchen causing Azhanae to chuckle.

I sucked my teeth walking towards the kitchen flicking him in the back of the head before grabbing a room temperature water bottle.

"You pregnant?" I asked Azhanae passing her the water bottle. Her face dropped and got sadden.

I know she don't want no kids right now but I do and I don't be shooting blanks so.

"I'm not pregnant, I'm on birth control." He told me.

I shrugged. "So why you throwing up like this?"

"I don't know, maybe the stomach flu." She mugged me.

"I'm not pregnant so get that thought out your head." She waved me off.

I leaned against the door watching Tamir eat his food and play Roblox on his tablet.

I want another one.

7:56 pm

I walked into the room seeing Azhanae crawled up under the covers.

I took my coat off and threw the CVS bag on the bed.

"Baby." I called out rubbing Azhanae thigh.

"Hm?" She hummed opening her eyes. "Damn, you dropped off Tamir to your moms that quick."

"It's going on right." I told her. "You feel better?"

She nodded her head.

I opened the bag placing the ginger ale and crackers on her nightstand.

"Thank you." She squirmed sitting up.

I took the pregnancy test out the bed and gave it to her.

She tilted her head to her side and laugh. "This gonna' break your heart so bad because I'm not pregnant, Jeremiah."

"You want a baby so bad." She chuckle.

"I got one in there already. I stay nutting in you like a Twinkie." I shrugged touching her stomach.

"After I take this test I don't want to hear nothing else about a baby, Jeremiah."

"And if it say positive?" I asked her.

"Than it's Gods plan." She smile taking the test and getting up.

"You about to be salty as hell." She chuckle walking into the bathroom.

I chuckle leaning on the door as she opened the box reading the instructions.

"Let me see." I grabbed the papers as she pulled her oversized t-shirt up squatting on the toilet.

I read the instructions as she peed on the stick.

After she finished she washed her hands and sat on the floor next to me.

"If you are pregnant you gon' be happy about it?" I asked her. "Cause sometimes you be acting like you don't ever want to have a nigga baby."

"Of course I want to have your babies someday, Jeremiah." She grabbed my hand. "I will be shocked and concern-sometimes I don't think I will be a good mother."

I look down at her.

"You is though, you good as hell with Tamir. You sweet and I feel like you got the purest soul. You never have ill intentions towards no one; that's why I love you so much. You a better person than anybody I know." I reassured her as she formed a smile on her face.

"And you're already a great dad." She smiled.

"I know but this time it's gon' be different. I wasn't really there for Lay during her pregnancy. I was always running the streets, trynna make money." I told her.

"Yea but you was younger, you didn't know any better."

"But now I do." I said feeling kinda bad for Malaya.

The timer went off and Azhanae jumped up.

"I'm kinda excited about it now." She chuckle grabbing the test turning it her. Her expression dropped.

"Not pregnant." She pouted.

Damn.

:::CYNNNANICARTER:::

Naw, cause I was bout to kill it anyways