chapter 1

SAINT PAUL POLICE DEPARTMENT HEADQUARTERS

LUCIAN POV

i was zoning out by concetrating on the movement of his lips while drowning out the specific information he was trying to potray because we have been having this conversation more times than it's needed and while i stand firm on my decision,  he also stands firm in his so i don't see the use of us being here.

So i stare at him as my i start recalling what i ate yesterday night and what would fit to be my dinner for today, well i love my food sue me.

"Did you get what i just said"......i hear him addressing me.

"Yes sir"

"You are going to drop it ?". he asks shocked  as he eyes me warily.

I almost scoffed at his look, he doesn't seem to trust that i will obey him as he should. But what he doesn't know won't exactly kill him.

"Yes sir".

Still observing me with a dissecting look while i control my emotions as best as i can so not to give him anything satisfactory that would be an excuse to throw me plenty of mundane cases so as to keep me busy or so he says.

"Your dismissed". he finally let out.

Turning i leave before he gets any change of heart. The chief  is not  particularly a bad person,  he and i just seem to collide in a few topics and well i don't do well in following orders then. As soon as i step outside of the office a hand grabs me and pulls me causing me to turn towards the direction of the force only to be faced with my best friend detective zake.

"I have the intel". He whispers

"What intel?". i ask with a furrowed brow.

Sighing he glances sideways checking if there is anyone paying attention to us, satisfied upon seeing no one is indeed paying any attention he pulls me towards a secluded area outside the building. Considering how hasty he was earlier i don't understand why now that we were in a secluded area he kept, just staring at me.

"What is it that you wanted to say". I start camly.

"Give me time am trying to reach a decision on wether am doing the right thing or not". he says as he holds his hand up.

Scoffing i lean aganist the wall......" i think you have already decided isn't that why we are here".

Giving me a hesitant look he takes a deep breath......" The things i do in the name of friendship". he mutters.

I give him a blank look in return as if to say get on with it.

"Alright ,alright........i have intel".

"I heard you the firs....."

"THE INTEL". He says more firmly.

"oh......."

"Yeaah"

"Well what is it?". This time i ask rather interested.

Clearing his throat he looks around again before coming even closer to me and whisper.

"King will be at the abandoned warehouse at st louis street at 0800 sharp for a transaction".

Looking him deadly in the eye trying to find any hint of a joke though aware he wouldn't be so cruel considering i have pinning on king for a while now, my chief would comment that i have unhealthy obsession with him but i still have to find out about my sister's death and the only clue i have right now is king.