CHAPTER 37

KING POV

I drove as fast as i could, past every speed limit from any country. I was basically running, that i even forgot to wear the attire they make me wear. The moment i bust the door open, i find Lucian seated drinking some water.

I rush to his side and begin touching his  face gently, i can't believe he is awake. He still looks pale but much better than before.

"Are you ok?". He asks grogily.

"Am i ok?". I ask incredulously. "You got shot and you wouldn't wake up for weeks. And am i ok?".

"Am glad". He sighs. "Wait!, weeks". He turns to Zake as if to confirm.

Zake nods. "I'll leave you two, am going to bring food".

"Thank you". I hug him tightly." Thank you for staying alive, really thank you".

I didn't even know i was crying until i felt him patting my back, while mumbling. "It's ok, am here". Repeatedly.

I pull away from him, wipe my eyes and give him a stern look. "Don't ever pull on that shit again".

"Aren't you supposed to be thanking me for saving you, i could have sworn most people find that romantic".  He says with a smile.

"Well am not most people, it's neither hot nor romantic. Infact it's a turn off, the only romantic thing to me is you beside me, healthy and naked". I say with a blank face.

He blushes.

Zake clears his throat. "I have to warn you, he is still not allowed to do any heavy exercise for a couple of weeks". He says as he places the food on the table.

This induces an even redder blush on Lucian, while i smile. "Oh, the more i stay with you the more i can tolerate you". I say to Zake but my attention still fixed on Lucian.

Zake just straight ignore that comment and pass me the food, he probably got from the cafteria. "Feed him".

"How is sun doing?". Lucian asks as i feed him.

"Growing big, trying to beat me in the games of cards". I add with a smirk. "But failing miserably..".

Lucian laughs at that. "Does he?...".

"No, thinks you are on a big mission". I answer camly. "Didn't want him to panick, but knowing him he probably have it figured out. Too bright for his own good".

"Thank you". He says softly.

The next hours are spent with us updating him on what he missed when he was busy sleeping. He soon drifts back to sleep but wakes up when Can,Victoria, Baba,Rema, fransisca and Jet shows up later at the hospital.

Can had brought few of my clothes. "I know you'd want to stay here until he is well".

"Thank you".

He turns to Lucian." Am glad you are fine. I'm sorry for leaving you behind".

Lucian scoffs. "Please, I'd be pissed if you didn't. Am a field agent, i knew what i was doing and i wanted you gone. That is the only way my sacrifice will be made worth it".

"Or you can just never sacrifice yourself, again". I growl.

"Thats the plan". He chuckles. "I can't risk being a turn off".

This causes a smile from me. And a laughter from Rema, who i doubt is laughing for the same reasons. And turning in his direction, i find him bagging a pissed off, Zake.

I couldn't hear exactly what they are saying but Zake looked very mad. And Rema was well Rema. Baba was staring at them with an evident frown. Just as i was about to call them out, Baba bet me to it.