chapter 5

LUCIAN POV

The whole office was in turmoil. We had received information that the prime minister has been assassinated during his speech.

First of all it's done publicly infront of reporters and a lot of people. Making the police force seem incapable.

Hence why we are now in an emergency meeting where there briefing us on the case.

"The prime minister has been shot, headshot in public ". the captain begins saying. " This is reflecting terribly on us as police officers".

"Do we have any idea on who is involved".   I ask

"Yes, the bullet found has a logo of a crown and a K." I think we all understand what that means". The captain explains

And immediately few gasps and chatter  can be heard all over the room.

While i  just stare in shock. Just yesterday the same man was seated beside sun as we ate and even read him a book. Today he murdered someone in cold blood publicly.

"For him to do that, means he might have been somewhere near the place. How come he isn't found yet.....".i ask after raising my hand.

"Because no one knows his face and even so, he wasn't shot at a near distance."  The captain explains

Zake gives me a look. Which i try my best to ignore.

The doors bust open and men dressed in black enter, their leader walks directly to our captain.

"This case is to be transferred to us immediately,  we need all information you have gathered on the case so far......"

"Who gives you the right to waltz your way in and make demands,". the captain says with his mouth set in a thin line.

"The case will be handled by a special investigation team. orders from above". the man continues completely ignoring the captain.  "You have a problem with that pass it directly to them." The man continues as he fixes the captain with a hard stare.  "Oh i guess you can't". He mocks sarcastically.

"Seize all the information". he orders.

Following his orders his men immediately get to work only to be blocked by Zake who was standing with clenched teeth.

"You can't take this case from us. The prime minister was murdered in our jurisdiction,  that makes this case legally ours. Plus who doesn't know this is just a nice way of saying you are burying the case........special investigation my ass". He finishes with a scoff.

"Come on young man this is above your pay grade, don't embarass yourself".  The man comments with a dismissive wave.

Zake makes a move foward but is immediately stopped by the captain with a rather sharp demanding voice.

"Zake you will let them do their job.....".

"But sir......".zake begins.

"It's an order and we obey orders." Captain says with a finalty.

In return zakes storms out of the office,  as i follow his lead. But after looking around shortly, he is nowhere to be seen.

To be sincere i understand where he is coming from but alot of cases have been stripped from me such that i was already excepting this much. but that doesn't mean it doesn't sting a bit.

It is more like people like King are able to manifest themselves because the government allows them to.

I sigh dissapointedly and walk back towards my desk.  Maybe what he needs is some time to cool off.