chapter 15

LUCIAN POV

Now that i have time to think, all my thoughts are drifting to King. It's very annoying,  because my heart that was once distracted is now heavy with pain.

But that didn't have to go on for long, because Zake was soon opening the cell door. I kept staring at him weirdly.

"The chief is letting me go". I ask in disbelief.

"Yeah, came as a shock to me too. Knowing him, i was expecting a couple of days. But he called me, demanded i release you then hanged up". He says as he hands me my phone and other things.

"How is the case going". I say as i take my things and begin walking out.

He grabs me by the arm. "I think you should go rest. You'll pass out, at this rate".

Pulling my arm off, gently, I reply. "We don't have such leisure, we don't know why he released me. Or when he will come up with another reason to lock me up. Plus Sun is never safe until i solve this case".

He stares at me briefly, before sighing. "Aren't going to check on him, atleast".

"No, he is in safe hands. When i finish this case, we will have plenty of time together".

He groans. "I really don't get you. Sometimes you act like you are safe with Ki......". he stops himself as he looks around before continuing in hush voice. "King, then sometimes you act like you are not safe. I have to come up, with a decision here. If he can be trusted".

"Just know, Sun is safe as of now". I reply with a frown before leaving.

***)

We have been working for days, since my release. I eat food that we order, and sometimes i change into zake's clothes as his house is near the police station. But the case has been hard to solve, and no evidence is showing up.

Most people are scared of working on this case, as they don't want to cross the chief. So it's only me and zake.

We had a lead, this afternoon that there  is a terrorist bomb attack at the railway public station. So we were all dispatched there. After half an hour of searching only to find out it's a prank. And my time poorly wasted when i have a  case to solve. Most people started going back to the police station.

So instead, of going through the main door. I used the back door so that i can get some time, outside alone. Before going in.

But as i turn around the corner to the entrance, a bunch of 3 guys wearing masks comes out of the building.

I pull out my gun and point it in their direction. Causing them to freeze, as they see me.

It doesn't take time, for me to notice that the one in between is King.

"King?". I exclaim puzzled. "What are you doing here". I whisper yell.

King just stares at me blankly. The person besides him, who i presume to be Rema low whistles. And before, i can drill him for more information. The alarm sounds, causing me to panick.

"You have to shoot me". I exclaim hastily

"Am not hurting you". He replies firmly

"Then I'll have to lock you up. i don't know why you are here but i don't want to do that. So you have to shoot me now, we don't have much time". I whisper yell but with a pleading tone.

"I'd rather, you lock me up then. But i won't hurt you". He replies stubbornly.

"Jesus christ". I exclaim. "It's not like am asking you to kill me. You won't even hurt me, i have a bullet proof. I promise". I add