chapter 22

KING POV

We have been waiting for long now. Baba had gone in the abounded building to scoop the area. That was a bit far from where we were parking but still visible.

Rema must be sharing the same views with me, because his leg was bouncing repeatedly in an anxious manner.

"Isn't he taking too long". He asks with a strained voice..

"Let's wait a bit, his tracker is still showing him to be here". I answer camly

"Just because the tracker is still on, doesn't mean he is safe". He snaps

I turn to give him a raised brow. He sighs and mutters a "sorry" before turning and focusing on the building.

"He can take care of himself, don't worry".  I assure him.

"Am not worried". He grumbles

I stare at him amusingly but before i could come up with an answer my phone rings.

Staring at phone Baba's name flashed before me.

"Am listening".

"It's has been long, hasn't it?". Peter's voice breaks through the phone.

And i could hear his grin which inturn causes me to tense. I wanted to rip it out of him, myself.

"Is there any reason, i must listen to you". I say with a sense of calmness, i don't feel.

Rema beside me was observing me closely. And with a tensed aura.

He laughs. "Consider this a warning. Donovan..... i left a gift for you. Celebrating our long lasting relationship".

I hang up on him before he could continue, tossing my phone in the car. I speed out and run towards the building.

Rema hot in my heels. He had also sprint the moment i stepped out of the car.

When we neared the building, i leaned aganist the wall. I needed to acess the environment but Rema went straight in causing me to cuss.

I followed behind him. Making sure i have my guard up, i can't let Peter catch me by suprise ever again.

And in the middle of the building, Baba laid unconscious. But no trace of another existence. Atleast conscious existence, because around Baba were more than 10 men unconscious.

Rema immediately run towards him. While i was busy assessing the area, when i was satisfied that we were completely alone i moved towards them.

I started looking for atleast the man who was still alive, while keeping heed of my environment.

With my Gun still held out and my guard up. I could catch up their conversation from where am standing.

"Wake up. Wake up, please wake up". Rema was repeating it like a mantra as he places Baba's head on his lap gently.

Baba coughs eventually making Rema release a relieved sigh.

"Rema?". Baba asks quietly

"Yes......yes am here". Rema answers hastily.

"Good". He says with a low chuckle. "I thought i wouldn't be able to tell you that i love you. Before I die".

"Don't speak. You need to save your energy".

"I love you, Rema". He whispers before closing his eyes.

"Can you carry him, out of here". I say when i finally determined that we are safe. "I'll drive".