chapter 30

KING POV.

"You think i wanted to do this. I did this because i needed to do it......".can starts angrily as he throws another punch which i block. "For me, for Sandra(san) my girlfriend) who i lost, for Sun my son who had to loose his mother, for you...". he pushes me hard but i block and throw him on the wall. He takes a painful breath.

"Because i know you still feel guilty that she took that shot, that you couldn't protect me. I just wanted to catch the one responsible so we could all all finally fucking breathe. So we can all let go of the past". He stands and glare at me.

" But i won't stand here and pretend that i didn't do it mainly for me, because i needed him dead for hurting her and preventing anyone from our own team to ever betray us again, so i could protect you". He advances so fast, i nearly stumble by how fast i had to dodge his fist but manage to hit him. Not before he changes direction and hit me at the same time making as both stagger in opposite directions.

"Because if i loose you above everything else i don't think I'd be able to live.  Do you think this was easy to me.....to pretend that am dead, to lie to my young sister, to let them have the satisfaction or to watch you struggle from the sidelines". He pushes me again.

"You think its what i fucking wanted, I'd vowed to always protect you ever since we lost our father. And hate me all you want but I'd keep doing just that".

I knew i was hurting him, i wanted to tell him that i understand. That it's ok as long as he is safe and alive, that i vowed to protect him too. But i was hurting and Lucian might be hurt badly and i can't be with him and i know it's unfair to Can because he just wanted to help but i was mad.

Because that is the only emotion am allowing myself to feel, or I'd break down and i can't. Not yet, not until i have Lucian safely beside me.

So i throw a punch, two successive at that and meant to throw him to the wall  but he moves and i find myself thrown at the wall. I turn with a groan.

"Well too fucking bad. But you weren't and still aren't the only one hurting". I find myself saying instead......

"And you think i don't fucking know that..". He howls this time tears had escaped.........

"When you needed to protect your girlfriend i didn't prevent you.....i helped you. You are supposed to help me not stop me". I shout angrily and throw another punch.

Which he dodges and hit me square in the ribs. "Don't let your fucking guard down. And those were different situ....".

"But they are not". I shout

"They are". He cuts me out with his own shout. "We were not alone this time, we had two other lives to take into account.  He was surrounded by teammates....".

"Who are corrupt....who can hurt him anytime. Besides he took a bullet for me how do you think he already looked". I say and take him by suprise with the punch followed by a kick that throws him.

"He can easily say he wasn't aware. But you trying to help would have put a nail in the fucking coffin, and besides he was taken by his friend and probably sent to the hospital.....". He says while he is still down.

"What if they lock him up......what then?"

"Then we break him out. Because we protect what is ours, but let there be a chance. No matter how slim it is, if he can get out of this unscathed then it is the best choice i made. And i have no regrets". He says finally getting up.

I step close to him and look him deadly in the eye. "What if i loose him?"

"You won't". He says firmly also staring at me. "Plus he was taken immediately after preferably to the hospital".