chapter 3

REMA POV

I got in the car but the kid was still standing outside staring at me with confusion.

"Aren't you getting in". I shout after lowering the passenger window.

"How did you get my keys". He asks as he gets in.

For someone who thinks i might kill him anytime he is surprisingly compliant.

I'd agree that he is smart because only few people have ever been able to form the connection between Victoria and King much less knowing the house location.

"King gave them to me".i reply as i start driving.

"When?,  How?" . He asks with disbelief but he seem lost in his own thoughts probably trying to remember.

I scoff. "He is fast, you never see him coming , no pun intended".

He frowns, before turning and focusing on the window.

"Rema".

"What?" . He turns with a confused look.

"My name is Rema". I clarify as i hum my favourite song.

Rolling his eyes, he glares at me. "So what?" . "You want to know the names of your victims before you kill them, for what? inorder to satisfy your dark soul".

This time i actually laugh." No actually, i don't learn the names of people i kill". "Names mean attachments".

"You do know that i am a detective right".

"Mmmh and i don't care. So tell me your name."

"I'd rather not". He answers and turn his head.

"Then I'll keep calling you pretty boy or honey". "Works well with me" .i say with a shrug.

"Do not call me that". he says with so much disdain as if i just offended him. "it's Lucian".

"Ooh lucy......cute".

"I said lucian not lucy". He growls

"Same difference". I wave him off. "What's your deal with king anyway".

"It's personal".

"Oh i believe you alright,  what i don't understand is why your still alive". I ask because i really don't and i hate being curious. " No offence". i add.

"Offence taken". He replies but doesn't make a move to explain.

That's ok, I'll just find another source of information. But i don't like silence and since he doesn't seem like he is in the mood for futher conversation i switch on the music.

To my utter suprise and horror instead of music an audio explaining about traditional medicines play.

I stare at it with pure disgust. Who even listens to such things in a car. More importantly who would want such boring messages engraved in their minds outside schools.

"Seriously lucy?" . I ask with a raised brow.

"Am not lu....". he begins to growl, but stop himself to take few breath. "My nephew likes learning".

Snickering i look at him amused, he so easy to annoy. "How old is our nephew".

"My nephew". "Mine". He objects with a glare.

"Jesus" ."Fine keep him all to yourself lucy".  " But give me directions to your place".

"Am not taking you....".