chapter 10

KING'S POV

it has been almost an hour since we arrived. I had given them my room for them to clean up. And i had left briefly  to give them space.

So i had come in the basement to find the few men that Rema had taken with for proper interrogation.

"You shouldn't be here". Baba says as soon as he sees me.

I just raised a questioning brow at him.

"He is right, Lucy looks pretty shaken. they will be needing you".  Rema says as he walks towards me. "Let's go".

Turning i walk out with Rema back to our room. Lucian was dressed in my shirt that was mid thigh in length. And sun was also dressed in my shirt. That looked like a dress to him.

This steered a protective but warm feeling inside me. Which i was choosing to ignore.

"Sun, let's go eat". Rema says in a sing song manner.

"Are you the one who cooked". Sun asks with a tilted head.

"No, i don't know how to cook . But i know how to eat". Rema replies with a grin.

Sun scoffs. " You are just like uncle zake, you guys would make terrible house mates. Maybe you'd cooperate and make poison".

"Whatever you say. Mr...am wearing a wedding dress". Rema says sarcastically as he eyes up and down my shirt on sun's body causing sun to pout.

"Your uncle zake seems like a wise guy by the way. Now let's go eat". He chuckles as he picks sun up and throw him on his shoulders.

And as result sun giggles. "I don't want to eat, i want a tour around".  Sun demands. "You can't even cook".

"I can't cook but i can eat. And i only eat good food.  So let's eat first then a tour around". Rema replies as he tickles sun on his way out.

And i listen as the laughter fades away. I turn to see Lucian standing where he was, with tears stained cheeks. As he looks at the door way.

Frowning i remember what Rema had said. I guess he is shaken more than i thought.

Taking few steps towards him, i offer him an awkward pat on the shoulder.  And it turns out, that was a wrong thing to do cause he releases a sob.

Not knowing what to do. It's not like i comfort people for a living, i go for the first option that runs through my mind.

I encircle him into an awkward hug, but just like before it just causes him to cry even harder. 

Seeing that am running out of options.  And since i have already decided to console him, i should do my best.

Lifting him up, he encircle his legs on my waist immediately.  I walk towards the bed.

Positioning him on my laps, i sit on the bed and start rubbing his back soothingly.

"I thought.......i don't know what i would have done.........i was so scared". He whimpers.

I keep rubbing my hand on his back.

"I thought sun was going to......to be killed because of me. And there was nothing i could do. I felt so hopeless". He whispers as he cries. "I wished you would show up. Am so glad that you did". He exhales. "I don't know what i would have done if you didn't.  I don't think i would have forgiven myself.  Heck i don't think my sister would have forgiven me".

"I won't let anything happen to you. I keep what i consider mine very close to me. And i raise hell to whoever wants to take them away from me". I say in a gentle but firm tone." You and sun are safe now, and you will be for as long as am alive".