Chapter 12

LUCIAN POV

i was pacing outside the main door. Zake was supposed to arrive anytime soon.

And just as predicted, zake arrived. Looking pissed off, for reasons i have yet to find out.

Pulling him by his arm, i direct us to the garden. But before i could sit, he pulled me into a brief hug.

"Why do you look like you are about to rain hell". I ask curiously

"I just don't like that guy. You know the one who was sent to retrieve me. Isn't he the same guy from before".

"Who, Rema!. Yeah he knows how to get under people's skin". I reply with a smile.

"Anyways this King's mansion is no joke. He apparently didn't withhold himself when making this house". He comments in awe." Am suddenly envious. So talk to me".

"Well, i was kidnapped because of that ongoing case and King saved us". I begin

"Dude, tell me what i don't know". He interrupts. "Like, why he saved you?".

I sigh heavily.  "Here goes nothing......king is sun's biological father". I pause. "He had a thing going on with my sister".

He kept staring at me in disbelief. I was almost certain i just broke him. So i begin waving my hand on his face.

"Wait, am still processing that". He blinks slowly making me laugh.

"Finally someone with a justified reaction. I was beginning to think am the weird one".

"I thought he was responsible for your sister's death". He asks still evidently shocked.

"Well, am still not sure. But the more i stay with him. I think maybe he wasn't involved,  or maybe he just knows who was involved. Bottom line is, am not checking him out of the suspect list".

"If he was going out with your sister. Doesn't that mean, he didn't kill her".

"People like him are capable of anything. And you know more than anyone, that it's the closest person who ussually turns out to be a murder".

"True, but he needs a motive. So what could be his motive".

"I don't know. But for sun's sake i hope, i am wrong. He is already too attached to him". I say with a deep sigh.

"Wait, sun knows".  He says as his eyes widen.

"Yep, figured out on his own".

He scoffs. "Yeah am expecting that much from him. So how long do you plan to stay here".

"Until we are safe. I don't plan on keeping sun in harms way, ever again".

He nods in agreement. "What about the case". I ask

"The clase is closed. Chief's orders".

"What?. We can't close the case, i was kidnapped and sun was almost killed because of that case. It's now personal".  I say sharply.

He sighs. "Dude, i understand where you're coming from. I mean am mad too. Jamal is dead because of this". His voice laced with frustration, he continues.  "But chief is involved.  So if we want to continue this  case, we have to do it on the down low".

All the anger dissipates. It's now replaced with pain. "Jamal is what?". I ask gently

"It's all over the news. Am sorry". He replies softly.