chapter 16

LUCIAN POV

After a lot of struggle, i was finally able to escape the fussing of sun and King. I was now in the room that i had adopted to be mine. When a knock interrupted my undressing.

I actually roll my eyes, am glad there people who are worried for me but i really need to shower, eat and maybe sleep.

"Come in". I say half heartedly, hopping the person on the other end fails to hear it altogether.

But luck was against me when the door opens. Rema steps in and observes me with a smirk, as my shirt was still raised halfways.

Seeing the way he was eyeing me, i dropped the shirt back in place with a scowl.

"Don't stop on my account". He waves his hand. "Am enjoying the view just fine". He says as he sits comfortably on the bed.

I couldn't help it, my scowl depens. "Is there any reason why you are here".

He touchs his chest as his face turns into fake hurt. "You wound me, Lucy. Am just checking on you, i did shoot you afterall. Need to make sure you are safe, before i allow myself to cross paths with King".

"I had a vest proof. Am fine".

But instead of leaving, he kept staring at me.

"Is there anything more you want to add". I prompt.

"Are you still mad at him". He asks finally.

I didn't have to ask which "him" we are referring to cause i already knew. So instead i just shrugged in return.

"I bet he is already regretting it. You should take pity on him and forgive him".

"Is this another thing, you need to know before you cross paths with him". I say sharper than i intended.

He actually laughs. "No, this is me acting like a Cupid because God knows this brothers of mine, know nothing about love". He pauses to think." But yes, now that you have said it. It'll also be beneficial for not get beaten to death".

I roll my eyes. "Well, i can talk to him. Though i don't understand why you will get beaten on my account. So stop this". i wave my hand around. "love guru shit".

He snorts. "You know he cares about you right?. I bet I'd be dead if you were lying about the vest thing".

"It doesn't feel like it, most of the time". I find myself saying in a low voice almost inaudible.

Rema hums. "King has always been poor at showing emotions. Ever since i have known him, there is only person that always seemed to be in the same wavelength with him. But one thing is for sure, he cares about you. I've seen him with plenty of people , but I've yet to see him care for them the way he does with you".

"Well you don't try to hurt people you care about". I snap. "And he is always so blank, it's hard to understand him. Plus isn't that what all friends say to the next new person your friend is dating".

"Come sit". He pats the side beside him, but i just eye him warily. "I'll tell you a good story. Maybe you won't understand him much, but it'll give you insight". He adds.

So against my better judgement, i take few tentative steps and sit beside him. "This better be good". I say grumpily

But truth to be told, i really wanted to get atleast a glimpse on what he thinks. He is not exactly the heart to heart conversation type of guy.

"Where do i begin". He says as he rubs his hands together. "Well fuck it, I'll just start from the beginning. Long long time ago".

Many years ago. Two children were born. The typical identical twins, who looked alike so much that it was hard to differentiate who was who.