chapter 28

KING POV

"Let me get this straight, all we need to do is lure him out". Lucian says besides me.

We were seated in Can's apartment, Baba and Rema were occupying the big couch. Yet seated extremely close.

Can was seated on my left side while Lucian was occupying the seat on my right. And we were discussing on how to lure peter out.

"You said he was close to the former president, right?. Can't you just like......kidnap the former president or something. Then he would probably try to save him". Lucian suggests.

This gets a couple of chuckles." We said he is working with.....not that they are close". Can begins

"And Peter would probably just find the next person to work with. He won't care wether the former or the current or the future president is dead". Rema says with a scoff.

"You have come a long way". I input with my own smile. "Detective hunter just suggested we kidnap someone. I think we are bad company guys".

This earned another laugh from everyone and a scowl from Lucian.

"Peter isn't going to show himself easily, he spent too many years hiding. I mean took us five years just to finally see him". Baba comments. "We'd need more than a solid plan".

"Hence the lure him out plan, Baba keep up". Rema comments with a playfully smirk.

"Lets get the former president to rat him out of the cage". I suggest

This is met with a short silence as everyone seem to be thinking of it.

"You mean use him like a trap to corner peter". Lucian suggests

"I think it's a good idea. I bet if we corner him, he won't mind throwing Peter under the bus". Can suggests. "He knows peter will turn on him anytime".

"Fine whats the game plan". Baba asks as he leans forward.

"Me and Van will pay the former president a visit. And politely give him a choice, either him or peter". Can inputs with a dark smile.

"I wanna come with". Lucian says

"No". Both me and can answer. This ultimately earns us a scowl from him.

"I want to help". He growls.

"And you will, when peter shows up. For now you trust us to deliver the work. And you deal with the police and give us inputs on what is happening". Can replies sternly.

The scowl on his face deepens. And the conversation carries on, as we discuss each role each one of us carries.

Me and Can had to wait till night before we could pay dear former president a visit. I was excited because this would be my first mission with Can, well atleast in the field.

"Ready?". Can asks with a playfully smirk and his eyes were shining with pure mischief.

"I was born ready".  I reply with a smile of my own.

God, knows how I miss this. Don't get me wrong, working with the guys is fun but there is something about working with my brother.

Returning a smile of his own, we decide to focus on impenetrating the mansion. The guy went all out, i mean he has more security than even the one we have back home.

But this isn't a big deal to me, i take lead  cause breaking in, it is my area of expertise.  Can follows my lead and soon we are face to face with the president.