chapter 36

VICTORIA POV

I was busy with company work, that i barely went back home. And the times that i did manage to go back home is because of Jet, who spent most of his time here than at the mansion.

Well that is the reason i tell anybody who asks why they don't see me around at the mansion, Am busy.

But that is not the real reason, am delaying talking with my brothers as much as i can. I have always been a straight forward person, who speaks her mind. No matter how gruesome the truth is you can always count on me to slip it out.

But this time am terrified, given myself enough time to think but i would chicken out anytime i convince myself to speak to my brothers.

Those two are very important to me, and i tend to be overprotective of them and we rarely fight cause mostly the give me all i want. Ofcourse we had our siblings fight here and there but they always bent their will for me.

"Madam, jet is here". My secretary announces.

"Let him in".

"You seriously have to stop overworking yourself". Jet says as he gets in.

"I won't let someone who refuses to rest patronise me". I reply as i keep reading the documents.

He sighs. "Am guessing you plan to sleep in here again".

Instead of answering, i pretend am focusing on the documents in my hands.

"You won't be able to run forever". He shrugs. "Besides that mansion is yours....".

"This again". I sigh." Jet i won't take that bussiness, i want to handle the legal side of the bussiness......."

"Even after they lied to you". He growls

"And i am the reason his girlfriend died, he wouldn't need to hide if i just didn't....".

"You did that because you cared about him". He replies gently

"Doesn't change the fact that she died and he almost died because of it.....".

"Your heart was in a good place, Victoria. But don't let them use that to take anything from you, and you can't say that justifies them not telling you the truth".

"Oh am still mad they lied to me. But it's not like I'm a saint in all this drama, but if am being sincere i don't want to lead that part of the business".

"Then i can lead it for you".

"Why can't you lead this legal part with me. Support me and help me".

"I don't like that they keep acting like it's rightfully theirs. They exclude you....".

"And i like it that way Jet, and we might not be blood related but to me they are family. And i would really like it if you respect that and drop it for good".

"But......".

"Please Jet, i mean it".

We have a staring contest with him which is broken by a phone call.

"Hello fransisca".

"Hey madam.......Can got into an accident so...."

"Where is he?".

"At the mansion....."

"Am coming". I hang up

"I gotta go".

"Where?". Jet asks as he stands up.

"Can got into the accident". I reply as i take my keys and make my way to the door only to be blocked by Jet.