chapter 4

KING POV 🤴

sun was telling me about his school, and i just found out he is being bullied.
To top it all, Lucian isn't aware of it and his teachers seem to be ignoring it.

I feel a uncomfortable pain in my chest as i look at him. And wonder how the fuck any of my men hadn't noticed the bullying during their patrol around him.

One thing is for sure. I feel an even stronger urge to protect him and i vow that i will.

That's how i find myself giving him my personal number and assured him that he can call incase he is in trouble when he refused to tell his uncle the same thing he said to me with a fierce shake of his head and pleading eyes.

"The food is ready". i hear Lucian announcing .

He has being giving us weird and distrustful glances probably making sure am not going through with my threat .

Or the fact i was talking with sun in hushed whispers was rubbing him off the wrong way.

Which should be but not for the reasons he think.

As soon as we seat, he frowns at us.

"Go wash your hands". He demands as he glares at both of us.

I follow sun's lead and wash our hands, before going back to the table.

"Blessings". Sun says as he begins digging  in his food.

As soon as i taste the food am hit with a distinctive but good taste as i savour it slowly.

"Your food is actually not that bad". I say immediately only to find him looking at me weirdly.

"Uncle's food is actually good, but i wouldn't suggest the same from uncle Zake". Sun speaks and he immediately gains my attention.........."what about you can you cook ?" .

"I can make a mean meal". "You want me to make you one next time". I say with a smile.

"Yes". He shout excitedly the same time his uncle shouts." NO" with a frown.

Both of us turn to look at him, me with a smirk while sun is looking at him with a sweet confused face.

He looks at both of us, then takes the glass of water as he raises his other hand as if to ask us to wait.

But sun doesn't seem to be in the mood of waiting as he asks innocently." Is it because you like him".

And i have to say am caught off guard by his sentence because i don't think his glaring or frowns means "like" of any form.

And by the looks of it neither does he because he spits the water right out of his mouth as he begins a coughing fit.

Both me and Sun throw our heads back as we laugh rather loudly.  And it actually feels good because i don't remember when i felt so free.

After few minutes when i regain my composure , i find him looking between us weirdly.

Sun convices me to read him a good night story, which was something I'd rather not do but i have an unbearable soft spot for him.

Placing the book softly on the table i walk down to the living room with Lucian hot in my heals.

He places his hand on my shoulder and it caught me off guard and as a result in a mere second i have him twisted between me and the wall with a dark look.

And i feel him shiver. Taking a deep breath i move few steps backwards.

"I don't like being touched".i say sharply