chapter 38

Lucian Pov

It has been a couple of years since I came  out of the hospital, as soon as I got better. Or as soon as Van was not breathing down my neck, I went to submit my resignation letter.

I opened my own agency and I have been working on different cases, I get Van and the others to help me from time to time. And since they are so good at their jobs and have a lot of resources, I have been able to create a name for myself in a short time.

I still meet with Zake for a couple of cases, especially when I have collected evidence and I need him to work on them legally. He was hesitant with me quiting but we work more closely this way, plus he makes a good Captain. I probably wouldn't have been good at the Job as much as he is.

Other than that we meet mostly to hangout on days without cases, I also vent to him when I fight with Van or Sun.

Getting along with Victoria wasn't exactly an easy journey, but with enough efforts from both sides, things are going well. Infact she can be a bit nice when she decides but what matters is that her and Sun are in good terms. And I have come in terms with a fact that she is a nice bitch, when you get to know her.

Can and I are getting surprisingly too well, mostly we bonded about my sister. At least I have someone who can share with me how she was, other than me. But now we talk about everything and nothing, he is kind and a good listener. I get why everyone says he is diplomatic, he tries to solve everyone's problems.

He and Sun are getting along, especially after Sun found out about him being his father. A pretty funny story actually, we had brought everyone around for moral support. Can was kneeling, his hands on Sun's shoulders.

"I need to tell you something important, can you be a big boy and listen to me". Can had begun his speech only to be cut off.

"You are my father'. Sun interrupted.

Everyone was in awe, with the boy. Like me for one was shocked but totally expecting it at the same time. A very conflicting feeling.

"How did you know?". Van asks with a raised brow beside me, I could sense that he is just curious but not fazed.

"Well, uncle is dating you. I figured, the only reason he'd do that after swearing on how he can't date his sister's man". He rolls his eyes at that. "Is  because you didn't date my mother, that means you are not my father. So that leaves Can as the next candidate".

That gets me looks from people in the room, while I glare at the young man Infront of me. Again Van is simply unfazed.

"What if your father was entirely a different man". Rema asks also leaning forward.

Sun sighs. "Have you seen me" . He points at himself. "I'm his spitting image" . He points at Can. "And  yes am cool with it, it's whatever" .

"Well , I guess whatever is a better reaction than you being mad". Can teases.

"You  are cool, I'm glad that you are my father. But I don't think it's a big deal". He finishes with a shrug

"You guys really don't know the proper reaction to family secrets reveals". I add seriously.

"I second that". Victoria says

"Yep, like how Victoria reacted to the family life reveal". Rema adds with a low chuckle but soon dodges an incoming pillow from Victoria

Well since that day Can made a tradition of having a family vacation, that usually consists of him, sun and Van. I was invited twice but couldn't make it because of the cases, but I have the videos. And that's all Sun talks about for the first 2 weeks after every Vacation.