chapter 8

LUCIAN POV

it has been a month since the whole family secrets reveals. And if am being sincere am still caught up with the all thing.

I know i should have let go of it by now considering he wasn't in our life for long. But i still have unfinished feelings about it.

For starters he kissed me. Provided i initiated it, but still i didn't know he had a thing going on with my sister(dead or not) but he did. So he shouldn't have kissed me like that. And i wouldn't have  find myself confused because of it. So this is all his fault.

Secondly me and sun were doing just fine without him in our lives. Yet he barged his way into our lives and made it so hard to let go.

More so for sun, we had a lot of silent treatments when i told him he won't be seeing his Donovan anymore.

And considering how bright that kid is, i had to come up with a good excuse which generally involved me and king falling out as friends.

Which he had not understood for few weeks but he had eventually let it go. But not before giving me a hard time in those weeks but i had my hands tied.

It's not like i could tell him the real reason why he can't see him. Where would i even start.

How do you tell a 7 years old kid that his dad is the supposed killer who murdered his mom. And to top it all he is still the ace in the most wanted list.

Am glad he seems to have forgotten about him eventually.  He doesn't bring him up every chance he gets. Infact now that i think of it he doesn't bring him up at all.

That's another thing that has been gnawing at me, if i try my best to ignore the fact he is a badass psychotic killer otherwise he is a good dad.

He makes sun very happy,  he listens attentively,  he reads him stories, he cooks, he defends him and to top it all he understands him much better than i do. And am agreeing to this last bit reluctantly.

Yet that asshole took the first ticket he could, to get away from sun. He didn't try to come up with any excuses to stay in his life.

I mean what kind of mafia lord/ badass listens to a single threat and really abides by it. This just means he was glad he got a way out.

That makes it so clear to me that i did a right thing cutting him off. I have a feeling given the circumstances he would have still left.

Maybe it's because of all of those reasons but i was having a very hard time. And as a result i engrossed myself in work.

I took on a homicide case . And it turns out it was all that i need. The case had a lot of twisted turns that actually kept me busy.

I had been given the case, when 5 girls were found dead at the waters in st louis port. Age range from 23 to 29.

I spent my time digging into the case. And all the girls had one thing in common. They had received a job offer overseas.

The only problem is the company they were all referred to is legit. And the agency responsible for refering them is also legit.

As they provide all essential needed for travelling including passport,visa, plane tickets and all needed documents, signatures.

Everything looks normal on the outside until you dig deeper. The personnel info and numbers provided in that overseas company website doesn't really exist.

And after seeking information from people i know from there. The company  has never accepted people from abroad.

This just means this people are doing human trafficking in the disguise of helping people get job overseas.