chapter 17

STORY CONTINUES.......

One year had passed. And things had progressed fairly the same way, only Duncan had become even better in machines and Donovan at the age of 13 was already the town's most feared fighter.

But what they didn't know was that,  their father had always felt proud but he also felt bad that he had subjected them to such responsibility at their young age.

They meant the world to him, and if he could get a single chance to make their lives better. He would subject to it in a heart beat.

And for some reasons, the chance came sooner than later. The man who had roped him of his active responsibility as a father had struck again,  only this time he had attacked a big shot guy.

Who according to the rumors, was not only successful but an equal or not stronger man in both arms and soldiers. The only reason he was able to win against such man was because he had attacked him as he was travelling in small number.

And inorder to save his wife, he had surrendered himself and bought time for few of his man to escape with his wife.

That man could help him, he had money so his kids wouldn't have to suffer. And if he is rich as they say he is, his sons might just have won a lottery.

So since he had always been incharge of prisoners, he struck a deal with someone more powerful than the man holding him captive.

He would help him escape, safely into the arms of his family but in return he was to take his twins with him. And offer them the life any kid their age deserves.

And if as much as he thinks of not reaching his end bargain  he would hunt him and kill him himself. Even as a ghost he would haunt him, and make sure any of his kids falls under  the same fate.

The man had agreed ofcourse, so that day he had left. And explained to his twins what he had planned for them. Over dinner.

And ofcourse Duncan being the smarter one. Had noticed how his father had excluded himself among most plans and had raised the issue.

And that had raised a big enough fight from Donovan, who had claimed that they were ok. And if he wasn't planning on leaving with them they were better off beside him.

Followed by Duncan support. It's rare that the twins differ in opinions anyway, there ussually more on the same wavelength.

But he begged to differ, he had desperately wanted to assure them. That he would be with them, because there is nothing he would want to see more than his precious sons behave and live as normal kids their age.

And watch them grow into respectable people,  who can afford anything.  But things could get messy, and if by any chance any of them is to be sacrificed then it would be him.

But he couldn't bring himself to say that to them. Knowing them, they would raise hell before agreeing to such thing.  So he smiled an assuring smile and told "them not to worry,  he wouldn't let anything separate them. They'd have to kill him first".

So he warned them, that they would need to participate.  It would be easier to leave too. Duncan was supposed to drive as he was good at it. So he would be their escape driver.

Donovan was incharge of sneaking his way in and help them sneak their way out. He didn't want to bring Donovan in, but he knew he wouldn't agree to stay on the car either way.

So they had spent half of that night, speaking and laughing and joking.  And they would sometimes,  joke about things they would do once they all manage to get out of here.

They had even slept the same bed, because they passed out in the middle of their night conversation.

The following morning, they had woken earlier than usual. Parked their belongings and went on their activities as normal not to raise suspicions.