chapter 7

KING POV

The anger that had been momentarily suppressed was back with vengeance now that i was back at the mansion.

It didn't help that the first people i see had to be Rema and Baba. And here they are playing cards freely.

So i approached them in slow calculated strides as i try to reign in my anger.

"You're back". Rema greets.

"I gave you guys a task, so explain to me why i just found out sun was being bullied". I say in a calm tone while maintaining the blank face.

Baba must have heard something from my voice cause he turns to look at me. Which doesn't suprise me much. He has always being good at reading me.

Rema on the other hand either hadn't noticed or isn't fazed. Because he chuckles and takes a sip of his drink.

"Bullied?"." I don't think that's even possible cause wether he knows it or not he is still a king". He finishes with another low chuckle.

I move towards him in a matter  of seconds. i move my knife in a sharp motion towards Rema who dodges it with precision.

And Baba is already between us now with his hands raised up. Rema is behind him observing me with a tilted look.

"Do i look like am joking". I ask camly.

"No you don't". "You just look hot". He answers with a smirk.

"Rema don't push it". Baba scolds him.

Which i don't think works on Rema. He has always liked the idea of danger. So he would always try to get under people's skin.

He has never succeeded in rising a reaction out of me, and knowing him this might be an excitement for him. But for his sake he better not provoke me now.

"What do you mean sun is being bullied".  Baba asks with a frown successful interupting my stare competition with Rema.

"It means exactly what i said"." So explain to me how no one ever noticed".

"Dude we are mostly monitoring from outside,  it's hard to know what happens on the inside". "And i can assure you no bullying happens on the outside".  "Mostly he just leaves with lucy or the  school bus". Rema replies as he goes back to sit with a frown that soon breaks into a full grin.

Baba sighs. "We will pay more attention from now don't worry". 

Shaking my head i reply. "Sun is very smart, he would notice if you payed him more attention". i finish with a fond smile.

"Then get someone to act like a teacher or something,  easier to pay attention without raising suspicion".  Rema comments as he sips on his glass.

"That's actually a good idea". Baba inputs.

"So i can act like the teach........rema begins.

"No" .Both me and baba answer firmly.

He scoffs." Your loss". And keeps sipping his drink.

"I'll work on it". Baba assures me with a pat on my shoulder causing me to tense before i relax.

With a nod i turn and leave but still overhear their conversation. Because i stood at the door to catch a breath.

"You have a knack of making people want to stab you continously".  "Do you know that". Baba says

Rema laughs. "Oh i know".