chapter 29

KING POV

All the news outlets are hot in tails with the former president scandal. The president has ordered all legal unit to search for him, apparently he is missing.

And all the evidence that had been disclosed to the public could not be used in court but had swayed public opinion. All social networks, tv programs are covering it. And has even caught attention of other countries,  it will be a hard thing to cover.

So the former president has a huge red mark on his back. But i guess he is not alone, cause now the police are after Peter's ass too. Bottom line is my mood has been great since i woke up.

Too bad i can't spend it with Lucian, he was called in and had to go early. So i spent my time with Sun instead before going to meet Can and the others.

I then took the secret passage to meet with Can and the others.

"Any progress". I ask as i step in.

"Nope. Just waiting for him to make a move". Came Rema's response.

The rest of the time was spent with us strategizing and warming up, among ourselves. We then moved near the abandoned warehouse where peter was supposingly going to show up.

And we didn't have to wait for long, because peter with his bunch of men arrived. Causing, a sweet smile to spread on my face. Turning to Can i find him mirroring my smile, it's time we give peter a shock of his life.

Rema and Baba had already found their way in, so we decided to join them.

"Hello Peter". I announce my presence

His face as he turned was almost comical. His guards around him, were on stand ready for his command. I guess Baba was right they looked trained enough.

"Well not the guest i was expecting. But i will make do". Peter replies after he reigns in his shock.

"We just wanted to return the element of suprise, you once showed us". I smirk. "Seem like you were planning to end him. Why meet someone with all of this". I wave around to his guards.

"Well he has always been a sneaky bitch, who can't win in real fights". Can says as he removes his mask.

This time peter actually gasps in shock as he stares at us.

"Miss me peter. Cause, i thought about you every day". Can continues with a cheeky smile.

Peter pulls his gun but before he can shoot, his hand is shot probably by Rema. This inturn marks the beginning of our fights.

Guns are used in the first half of our fight until all the bullet finish. Then hand to hand combat begins and soon Rema and Baba join us on the ground.

We had taken most of the men down and i could see Can dealing with peter. Making a move among his men, which wasn't that hard, me and Can gang up on peter.

He was trying to hold up but it was clear we had a upper hand. The sirens were heard, meaning we didn't have much time.

So now we were fighting to disable. But before we could do the required damage, the police arrived. I mean they have never arrived this early in scene before, they must be under a pretty tight pressure.

I keep my mask back on. Turning to the entrance i see Lucian among other police as he scans around until his eyes land on me.

"Nobody should move". Their captain shouts.

"Good luck with that". Rema shouts from somewhere behind and makes a sprint, followed by many others.

Turning back peter is already gone and Can seem to be running after him, i make a run to his direction and pull him towards me successful avoiding a shot.