chapter 19

LUCIAN POV

"what did he do? . I ask camly. Infact more camly than i felt.

"Can was always quite a diplomatic. So instead of charging up to them, and claiming her. He dealt with it the diplomatic way". He exhales." Even when i kept insisting that we just kill Peter. But Can is one stubborn son of a bitch".

They had eventually come up with an understanding. We were to pay him the money he needed, and your sister and her son would be safe.

"And we had even succeeded". He smiles. "That's how we knew, Can had a son. One look at junior sun and we all knew he belonged to my brother. Well, that and the time frame".

Your sister and Can spoke, for quite some time. And they had reached an understanding, apparently they both had feelings for each other.

And were ready to overlook their differences. Even though your sister was assigned to look after King. And she now knew, his identity.

So they kept seeing each other, alot if i may add. It seemed to me, that my brother's obsession with her was back. Though i suspect it never ended, just suppressed.

And she would bring sun to us, some few times she came over. And those were the happiest moments for all of us. Most especially Can, he was the happiest.

Your sister made a pledge not to rat us out.  In return we helped her solve some cases, we deal in information so that was easy.

She was always so nice to me, but Victoria and her never got along so well. Victoria has trust issues, and she has always been protective of us.

Way more than we were of her. Even back in school. But that never fazed your sister,  she had always regarded her as a mean young sister.

She would just laugh off all Victoria's act of hatred. Things were going good, for one year.

Then suddenly Sun calls Can, saying she has a lead on the drug cartel she was after. She wouldn't be needing our help afterall, she had joked.

Can had asked for the location, to which your sister had given. Can was restless, people involved in drugs aren't exactly friendly with cops snooping around.

So he said he would go as her backup. I had insisted that i accompany him, but we couldn't bring any more people with us.

The last thing we want was to tie down Sandra with us, which would make her loose her career or worse. Besides Can had worked so hard to make sure his new family, doesn't get involved with this business.

And a group of King's men, would surely act as a red flag. So we went solo. When we arrived, we had met Sun and her partner at the location.

But they was no any drug transactions  happening. And while we were all distracted, sandra's partner was going to shoot your sister.

And we later found out that , that was his plan all along. That we walked into a trap.

Only then, she was speaking with Can and although she had her back on her patner. Can could see her partner, that's why he moved her such that he was the one on the line of fire.

After the first shot, i panicked. So even shooting her partner headshot was more of a reflex than intentional.

I run after my brother, who was in Sandra's arms, bleeding. I got distracted trying to stop the bleeding that's why i didn't notice the second shot.

"That was aimed directly on my heart.  But your sister did". He exhales through his nose slowly, and give me a pained look. "She took that bullet for me".