chapter 27

LUCIAN POV

We didn't have time for us to talk. Ever since i arrived, he had been busy. Busy with organising people. Then assuring them.

Then everyone's returns. Then he was strictly worried about Victoria. Then he organised everyone's settlement.

Then he had calm down sun. Who for some reasons wasn't fazed. And turned him down when he suggested sleeping with us. Something about him being a big boy now.

Then him going to check up on everyone again. Including his sister. Then he immediately slept when he laid down.

And knowing how hard today must have been for him. I choose to simply hold him as i let sleep take over me.

But waking up in the middle of the night. To find the side beside me empty. Maybe it's all that has happened today, but sleep immediately leaves me.

And all my senses become alert. I check  first on the bathroom, but he is not there.

"King?". I call out quietly.

I start walking out on the corridor. And i meant to head in the kitchen first but i see movement at the end of the corridor.

Afraid to wake, anyone up. Especially after the all ideal, i follow quietly. I mean that and incase this person isn't friendly. I'd rather he is not aware of me following him.

But this corridor is one i have seen but never explored. This house is just that insanely big. And it's only when i find myself at a basement do i notice the man clearly.

I mean he had his back on me. But i  clearly know my King, at any time. But before i could call out he takes another turn.

Taking a heavy sigh, i take the direction he took. And this seems like a place filled with cells. And it had a particular smell of iron accompanied to it.

The only problem is King is nowhere to be seen. And unless am hallucinating, i could have sworn he took this direction.

I walk around but there isn't any place that he could have disappeared to. I turn with a frown and look at the cells again.

Inspecting one after the other. When am down to the last cell, and having finally given up. I make a move to leave.

But i stop midstep, when the wall at the far end opens up to reveal a door. That wasn't there to begin with.

And King steps out. Only he is no longer wearing the nice pajamas. Instead he is simply wearing some pants and a comfortable shirt.

And we were staring at each other but before i could ask him any questions. Another King steps out, this one is wearing the set of pajamas that i bought.

That actually goes with the one am wearing. That i had forced him to wear. And he seem to be confused as to why the other one has stopped before he spots me.

And he also simply stares. My mind has gone completely blank, today must have been more tiring than i thought.

First he dissappears then he comes back in double. Just with different expressions.

The first one, is staring at me blankly. I couldn't read anything from his face, while the other one is shocked, and seem almost guilty.

I rub a hand across my face. And take deep breaths, i just need to pinch myself. Ooow......that hurts, so am not dreaming.

"Lucian..".king whispers.

"Van, i think am hallucinating". I interrupt him. "Because there is no way there two of you. Right now". I add harshly.