chapter 33

KING'S POV

"But sir the chief's order......". The officer on my left start speaking.

He is cut by the glare Zake's throws at him. "This man is his boyfriend, i bet he said nothing about spouses and family. Even the law isn't allowed to separate them".

This gets them to shut up. He then turns his glare to me before he looks at the officer on my right who was crouching.

He takes a deep sigh, the ones where one close their eyes just to breathe. And am here thinking when he is going to show me my boyfriend. I mean, i am wondering how he is acknowledging it but Frankly i could care less even if he didn't.

All i know is that if he keeps stalling time like this, he'll be on the ground. Cause, am seeing Lucian wether he wants it or not. The only reason am still standing here is cause of his previous statement am assuming he is on my side.

Second, he actually looks tired and sad. Now, not like i care but Lucian will. And i don't want him mad at me for accidentally breaking his friend. Well that and i owe him for saving Lucian's life.

"You need to change into appropriate attire before you enter his room". He finally speaks but his glare is still on.

Well now i know he isn't my fan. Atleast the feeling is mutual, i decide to follow him and get dressed in the gear they make me wear.

Then i find myself in the room my Lucian is. I had to close my eyes to reign it in, all the pain i get from seeing him attached to the bed like that. Looking so weak and small.

I want to hug him close to me and hurt anyone who as much as glance in his direction. But nothing prepared me for the cuffs on his hands, the frown on my face was almost automatic.

I could feel Zake's eyes on me but i didn't care what he thought. I was in too much pain, i felt like i my legs could give out anytime. The last time i had to watch someone like this was Can, and as much as it wasn't easy then it is much worse now.

"What did the doctor say". I ask as my eyes remain glued on Lucian. My voice was grave.

Like i haven't used it for a long time but i think it's just my emotions trying to find their way out.

"Something about not being out of the water. But escaped death". He answers with a casual shrug but the emotions in his voice betray him. He clears his throat. "We don't know when he'll get up". He adds quietly.

It's my time to take a deep breath with my eyes closed. I want to scream, i want to shout, i want to fight and i want to hold him. I'd pay anything to see him look at me or smile.

I take the seat next to his bed and take the arm connected to the IV. I did this, i think to myself. I look at the cuffs on his other hand, i also did that.

"Chief insisted on that". Zake comments.

I clench my jaw rather tightly, my anger is spiking up to an unhealthy amount. The fire burning in me is so strong contradictory to the gentleness of my touch on his hand.

I look at his face, he looks so pale. But he is still so beautiful. I want him to open his eyes. Actually reminds me of the first time i saw his eyes back in that warehouse.

"He'll be fine, my friend is a fighter". Zake says again and this time i raise my eyes to look at him.

Only to find his eyes glued to me." You look like you needed the assurance more than i did. So....he'll be ok. Lets trust him, he'd never leave Sun".

I return my eyes to Lucian and rub his fingers gently, then i remove the hair from his face and kiss his forehead.

"Take care of him for me". I say with my eyes still glued to my Lucian. But the silence that meets me causes me to turn to Zake. "Please". I add