chapter 9

LUCIAN POV

Few days have passed. And i have been paranoid recently,  i keep feeling like someone has been watching me.

It actually started since that night the mayor was detained. And at first i ignored it as being paranoid but now it is really getting to me.

But there is nothing out of the ordinary.  And whenever i look back no one seem to be watching me. But my gut keeps screaming at me.

Taking a deep breath i try to calm my nerves. I was just done for the day, and actually decided to pick sun up from school.

The past month i had being very busy and as a result i got very little time to actually spent with him.

Most of the time am back late and he is already asleep. Well in some cases i had to sleep at the office.  Zake had really being much help.

Cause he would pick him up for me in the morning. Sometimes he would go eat with him out when i was really tight back in the office.

So that's why i had decided that every little free time i get i will spend it on sun. Zake was supposed to join us but he got his own emergency and so he texted that he wouldn't be able to make it.

Starting the car i head directly to sun's school. I didn't have to wait for long before the passenger door opened.

"I wasn't expecting you to pick me up today". Sun says as he buckles himself.

"Well suprise". I say as i wave my hands in exaggerated enthusiasm." How was school".

He shrugs. "Same old". "And before you ask no bullying".

I chuckle.  I had made it a habit of asking about it ever since that time. "Fine, what do you say we go have a quality family time".

He glances at me with a smile. "can i get new books and games".

"You can get everything you want. But first let's go eat". "Deal" . I say as i start the car.

"Deal". Sun says as he grins." Wait isn't uncle zake joining us" . He adds as an afterthought

"He got caught up in something". I answer.

The car ride is filled with seasonal small banter between us. Mostly him catching me up with the world as he says. Or the music that i believe was left by Rema that one time playing.

I try to shake my thoughts off. I promised myself i won't think of King or anything associated with him.

That's the reason i threw myself into too much work. And it did help both in preventing him from occupying my mind and i was able to crack a hard case in a single month.

And i would have already thrown this but sun has taken quite a liking to the music. If him singing along the lyrics is anything to go by.

And since i had already prevented him from seeing king. I thought it's only right i leave this for him.

We have been having a great day so far, we were done eating and we were now doing shopping for sun.

When we had everything we need, i carried the shopping bags while sun was carrying his new toys as he explains on how they work to me excitedly.

As we were walking towards the parking lot. I saw plenty of men dressed in black walking towards us.

Glacing at the distance between us and the car.

"Sun we need to speed up". I say in a serious tone.

Causing him to glance at me with a frown before looking at the direction am looking and speeding up.