Chapter 1

"Hurry up!"

"I'm trying! Easy for you when you're eight foot!"

"Excuses"

I slowed down once the ground was more open. Spider soon caught up after panting for breath.

"That's not fair" he huffed, leaning on his knees and bending over, his mask full of ventilation sounds.

"Yeah... I know" I said smugly. He then looked up and realised where we'd stopped.

"Hey we can't really be here" he said, growing nervous.

"Why not?" I laughed as I sauntered around the place, heading towards the small metal door to the large abandoned rectangle box.

"Jake says to keep away from here" Spider says, fiddling with his hands.

"Well Jake's not our dad is he? Yours is over there" I say and point to the skeleton inside a metal robot. He looks and looks back at me in disgust.

"Whatever" he huffs again and then enters the wrecked metal work. We both wander around for a bit. I look at the old consciousness transfer bed that's got a large dent in the roof of it, I open it up and squish down on the cyan jelly like material. Spider decides to play with the machinery that was by the tables.

"Wow..." I mutter. "I might make this a house" I joke, thinking of bungalow ideas.

"Why'd you want that? You have a fancy high- tech home" Spider says, tapping glass that contain old samples.

"Get some space from the others I suppose." I joke again. Spider let's out a little laugh too.

...

"Y/n, where are you?"

I hear my neck microphone crack. It sounds like Jake. I press it to talk as I look at Spider for a suggestive answer. He just waves his hands around and mouthes 'no'.

"Just around the forest, why?" I ask as I press the talk button.

"Well there's-"

I quickly cut him off by pressing the button again as my eyes catch movement in the forest outside the broken glass windows. I immediately duck down and so does Spider, going with my lead without knowing why. He looks at me confused.

"What?" He whispers, twisting his face.

"Shh" I hush. But then Jake tries to talk again.

"Y/n do you copy?" He asks before I cut him off again and try to silence the neck mic.

"Yes just a minute" I reply back into the mic as my head's down.

"No I need you no-" he starts more sternly but I rip it off my neck and turn it off quickly in a panic. I slowly rose my head slightly to peek out the window frame. That's when I saw it.

Na'vi dressed in human clothes with guns. I shot my head down as soon as one of them began to turn slightly. My eyes widened in fear and my heart began to beat faster. Spider glared directly at me from opposite, he looked equally as scared.

"What is it?" He mouthed, barely whispering.

"Avatars" I whispered back, mostly mouthing too. He then himself rose his head above the window frame and then down again once he saw them too. This time when he went back down his eyes were shot open, a vein growing on his forehead.

"Shit what do we do?" He whisper-yelled. I tried to say something but all that came out were wordless mouth movements while my head nodded. I was terrified myself only having heard the stories about the sky people. We heard rustling footsteps come closer and we both froze and pressed ourselves up against the wall under the window, glaring at each other in shock. On the opposing wall I saw a faint shadow of a head look side to side then leave.