Chapter 42

Neteyam pulled me out the way from the crates just in time for a bullet that replaced the wood my head was infront of. I rolled to the floor, Ao'nung took cover too but Lo'ak wasn't so quick.

With sheer luck Lyle ran out of bullets and had to reload. In the break that we were given Neteyam yanked Lo'ak up by his upper arm and began running with him, I did the same with Ao'nung and pushed him ahead of me.

"Go on!" I yelled then glanced back to see Lyle aiming again. Ao'nung had now jumped in the water, Lo'ak then saw a gun on the floor next to a body of a marine. He swung around and picked it up, aiming it at Lyle.

"Don't!" I yelled and reached out for him, Neteyam had the same idea. He pushed his little brother out the way, Lyle's bullets began flying through the air towards us, aiming right in Neteyam's path. He pushed Lo'ak out the way from the bullet fire and fell right into the line of fire himself.

With an instant rush of adrenaline I then moved Neteyam out the way, covering him with my small human frame.

*BANG BANG BANG!*

I feel a sharp numbing pain enter my shoulder.

"FUCK!" I cried out in agony and fell onto Neteyam. I pulled him to the ground as I fell then pushed him into the water. Lo'ak fell into the water too as more bullets fired over us. I was the only one on the deck still, blood slowly flowing down the metal floor. My eyes fell onto Neteyam who surfaced his head above the water, scrunching up his mouth and squeezing his eyes shut as he struggled to catch a breath. I instantly noticed his lack of movement, he could hardly keep his head above water.

"Neteyam..." I whispered in agony as I rolled onto my back I reached out to him and he painfully reached out to me too. My tiny hands connected with his large blue palm.

"NO!" I faintly hear shouting in the background. It sounded like Quaritch. I turn my head around to see him in the distance.
"LYLE GOD DAMNIT!" He yelled again and took his gun off him, his face looked at me again and he began to rush over to us. I turned my head to Neteyam again, this time Tsireya was in the picture again. Where'd she come from? 

"What happened!?" She asked as she saw blood coming from Neteyam's chest. Once I saw it too my chest tightened itself. His eyes gazed upon mine.

"Y/n... You're shot..." He whimpered out to me in agony.

"So are you..." I weeped back.
"Tsireya get him help..." I called to her, holding back my tears. She then nodded and took him from me towards her Ilu. His hand slowly letting go of mine.

"Neteyam..." I whispered through my tears.

"Y/n..." He replied back. Tears began strolling out my eyes once again for the hundredth time this week. He began to get carried away, Ao'nung was behind him and supported him on the saddle, Lo'ak then turned to me.

"Tsireya help me with her!" He calls out and tried to grab onto me. He backed away once he saw how close Quaritch was.
"Shit!" He added and he pulled Tsireya down under the water as wonky bullets were fired above the water surface from Quaritch as he only fired to shoo them off.

"Get away from her!" He yelled after the two of them. I reach my hands out to the distance after where Neteyam dissapeared off to.

"Don't...leave..." I spoke, my breaths hollow.

....

"NETEYAM! HAAARGH! Neytiri screamed as her first child lay dying onto the rocks under him. Tsireya, Ao'nung and Lo'ak hung their heads down. She shook her son in hopes to wake him but he was gone, his eyes dialated and transparent now as he gazed to the sky.