Chapter 26

"You wanna die?" He asks, raising his eyebrows at me with an unbothered look.

"Is that a threat?" I ask back.

"It can be whatever you make it to be" he says sternly.

"Sounds like heaven to me" I respond, grinning to him.

"You've got nerve" he grits through his teeth.

"You need to drop your fan boy obsession with Jake, it's kinda creepy" I tell him, grinning more now in a mocking gesture.

"You're the one following him around, maybe it's you" he says in an awful comeback. I burst out laughing. His face glared at me.
"What?" He added.

"Then stop following me around! Damn just admit it you missed me!" I laugh more, creasing. He took a few heavy steps towards me and grabbed me by my neck, lifting me to see him. I kept laughing through it.

"Kill me and I'll still be in every corner of your room, every mirror you look into and every hallway you walk down, you can't get rid of me" I say cunningly to him, my voice becoming lower and threatening as I glared into his eyes.

He looked down into my eyes. I couldn't figure out what he was thinking. I'm guessing he was contemplating snapping my neck.

"You are anyway" he says then lets go, dropping me to the ground and wandering away towards the door. I could feel the stress and confusion radiating from him. He held his hands against the back of his head and exhaled before he turned around again.

"Why can't you do it?" I ask him, seriously now. "Why can't you kill me?"

"You're not a threat to me, you couldn't even hurt me in a fight" he says. I could feel the hesitation in his voice.

"We both know that's not it" I say quietly. He looks at me in a way I didn't think I'd see off him. It was pure sadness but he was covering it up well.

"Then what is it?" He asks.

"You care about me, don't you?" I ask.

"It's this bond" he says, he then walks up closer and picks up my avatar body.

"What're you doing?-" I spit out, growing concerned.

"Get used to being human, your avatar days are over" he says then opens the door.

"What? Why?" I splutter.

"It'll get rid of the bond we have, whatever it is" he says and steps out the room on the other side of the door. I rush up to him as fast as my legs would carry me.

"That won't work!-" I yell, reaching out for my avatar. I feel a harsh push and I fall backwards to the floor. I look up in shock at him, emotionally hurt. He looks down at my small human figure, his ears went down and I could tell he felt bad. Then the door shut after him, blocking our view from each other. I stay there on the floor.

After ten seconds I push myself off the floor, resting against the door.

"Quaritch?" I yell to the other side, knocking. There was no answer. I looked to the link bed but the power was off. I let out a huff and sit on the floor, arms crossed and leaning against the wall.

.........

It was the next day. I could hear footsteps up and down the corridor outside so people were awake. I don't know what time it was, maybe around 6am?

I don't know if my avatar is alive, he's probably killed it.

*Door opens*

Quaritch enters.