Chapter 17

I cry silently the whole way. I'm in both psyical and mental agony. I've lost my Ikran and my body's all beaten. All my elbows and knees are grazed from the net too.

We arrive at the village

It's dark outside. The village torches are alight and dotted around the place. We pull up on the water side. I'm exhausted and my body is going through shock. Ti'loni dismounts his Skimwing which he told me was called 'Kobi'.

A few villagers spot us and begin rushing around and talking with each other. Then I see Ronal spot us. Word got around fast and soon a few people come out their huts and walk towards us, among them being Tonowari and Jake walking towards us. Ti'loni tosses the bags over his shoulder then slowly places one arm under my legs and the other under my back. I hold onto his neck as he carefully lifts me up.

When he turns around to face everyone, that's when Jake sees me and his face drops. He whistles then begins to jog towards me. I didn't want him to see me like this, tears begin to fall again.

A few of the adults including Tonowari and Ti'loni's brothers come running up too. Tsireya spotted me and she too came running over.

Then suddenly everyone was crowded around me. Jake takes me from Ti'loni pretty quickly, I throw a glance at Ti'loni before I'm turned away.

"I'll get her in the hut. Ronal will you come with me?" He asks her. She nodded then speeds walks with us right behind.

As I'm carried through the village I see eyes laying on me from multiple faces. Ao'nung was one of them. Neteyam appears from the crowd and jogs by my side. I feel him hold onto my hand.

"Dad what's wrong with her?" He asks, concern on his face.

"I don't know but she's oozing blood" Jake says. We then get to the hut and he pushes the leaves out the way and lays me down in the centre of the room. Neytiri springs to her feet as soon as she sees me in his arms. When she saw my condition, her eyes widened with her mouth dropping.

"My Y/n! What happened?" She cries out in a panic, seeing the state I'm in. 

"Get Ti'loni here" Jake orders and Neteyam nodded before leaving the hut in a hurry.

I cringe in pain as my shoulder rests on the floor. My ribs are bruised and my leg feels like it's gonna snap at any wrong move. Ronal sits down besides me and begins muttering incantations and prayers.

"What happened?" Jake asks me as he leans over my face and holds onto my hand. Then Tuk's little head appears besides him, looking down on me too.

"What's wrong with Y/n?" She whines before getting pulled out the way and replaced with Neytiri.

"Boats... there was three of them" I say. It hurts to talk let alone breathe.

"Where?" Jake asks.

"By the borders... I lost Pheobe" I say and I begin to cry. My ribs are adding to the agony and tears. Neytiri closes her eyes and holds onto my other hand, holding it close to her heart, sympathising the loss of an Ikran.

I see Ti'loni enter and Neteyam behind him. He leans down besides me facing Jake.

"What the hell happened out there?" Jake asks him.

"Hunters. They killed some wildlife before we got to them. We took down one of the boats then more showed up, we got battered but Y/n took the brute of it" he tells my uncle. In the background I still hear Ronal muttering. Then Tonowari comes in and looks down at me.

"What is this?" He asks authoritively.

"She fought some hunters, we don't know who they are but they're human" Jake tells him.