Chapter 15

I wake up. Ti'loni isn't next to me and Pheobe is growing restless. I push myself up from the sand, brushing myself off. I look around for him, his Skimwing's gone too. I stand up and pace around the place, looking behind corners.

"Ti'loni?" I call out. No response. I then began to grow a little worried. Fake scenarios begin to play out in my head, all then ending in ways he could've gone missing. I start to work myself up without meaning to. I turn to Pheobe.

"Let's go" I tell her and I reach up, about to pull myself on to look for him. She then looks past me and squarks. I look behind and see Ti'loni park his Skimwing hopping off and walking towards us from the water. I relaxed instantly, dropping my shoulders.

"Where'd you go?" I ask as he walks into the sand.

"Getting food" he says, holding a large fruit in his hand.

"Oh, good I was worried" I sigh.

"Worried? I'm a warrior, I always come back" he laughs as he tosses a large fruit the size of a baby in the air and catches it again. I couldn't help but smile at him.

He cuts the fruit in half, all the juices and seeds fell out onto the sand as he did so. He scoopes out the rest of the seeds with his knife and handed me the larger half.

"You're taller, you need more" I tell him. He looks up and smiles at me.

"You're a woman, you should have more" he retorts. I felt my cheeks raising again at him. What a gentleman.

I took the half he gave me and with my own knife I cut little pieces off and ate them quietly.

"Is this enough for you?" He asks. I look up and nod.

"Of course" I smile.

"I'm glad" he says shyly.

"So are we gonna search together or separate then regroup to cover more ground?" I ask.

"I was thinking we separate but not too far apart, I can cover the sea while you cover the air" he suggests.

"Yeah that's a solid plan" I agree. I felt a hint of sadness that we wouldn't go scouting together.

After we finish eating we get prepared. We leave the less vital things on the beach in our bags, we only take our weapons with us. I mount Pheobe and he mounts his beast too. My eyes fall on him and he nods to me. I nod back and then pull down my flying shields and take off.

Two hours later

Me and Pheobe land on top of a mountain overlooking the sea. I scan the view. I shivered with the breeze stroking against my skin, my hair flowing in the wind and my ears whistling.

I hadn't found any sign of anything for a while, there wasn't even much wildlife around, everything seemed dull and deserted. I scoped around for another thirty minutes until it was time to regroup with Ti'loni once the sun reached its zenith.

.....

I see him down below, coming up to the beach again. He whistles for me and Pheobe flies down from the cliffs and we land on the sand once more. Ti'loni dismounts and walks over to us, I stay on Pheobe.

"Anything?" He asks.

"No, I'm guessing you didn't get anything either?" I ask, noticing his tone.

"I didn't, but there isn't much wildlife" he says.

"Yeah I noticed that too, maybe we should scout a little further out?" I suggest.

"We could do, but we don't want to interrupt the other clans" he says.