Chapter 7

I wake up as my Avatar again. The scenery difference is huge compared to at home. It's a lot brighter for starters instead of the sky being covered by dark green trees and as soon as you leave your hut, you're surrounded by the crisp salty smell of water. It was amazing. I walk out my hut, most of my cousins already being gone apart from Neteyam. I look outside and down to see the turquoise rippling water beneath me like tinted glass pebbles.

"Freaky huh?" I hear Neteyam talk. I look back and smile at him, then come inside the hut again. I sit next to him and he passed me a bowl of food.
"This is yours for whenever you decided to wake up" he laughs.

"Not my fault, Norm was just doing last minute checks." I laugh back. I pick up the bowl made from some hard material I haven't seen before. I knock it with my knuckles. It sounds like direhorses trotting.

"It's made from fruit shells." He tells me.

"That's pretty awesome." I smile. Then I look at the food inside. Seafood. I smell it and flare my nostrils. I give the food an upset look, puffing my lips at it.

"It won't kill you, it's actually quite good" Neteyam chirps and bites into some of his.

"It's raw" I say.

"Well what do you expect?" He laughs.

"Bro for real" I huff and brace myself. I take a bite out of it and chew. It didn't taste so bad but the texture was getting to me quickly.
"mm...MM" I mumble about to gag. But I swallow it.

"You'll get used to it" he says.

"I kinda like it but the texture is slippery and soft with a crunch in the middle." I say, giving a review no one asked for.

"Crunch?" He says tilting his head at me with a side smile. I looked up and glared at him then covered my mouth in horror thinking of all the awful things I could've just accidentally eaten.

"Hahahaha!" He laughed and slapped his knee, rolling back and his hair bouncing all over. I stared unamused.
"I'm kidding hahahaha! Did you see your face?" he cackles.

"No as a matter of fact I can't" I sarcastically told him. He kept laughing but I couldn't not laugh myself. It was pretty funny, it was a joke my dad would make, although most of his teasing was whipping me and Spider with a towel.

I looked down and took a few more bites of food. I ate it quickly just to get it over with.

"So what's everyone doing?" I ask.

"They're learning how to call their Ilu's."

"Their what?" I ask.

"Basically water Ikran, more gentle though. It's what we saw swimming alongside us before we arrived" he says.

"Ooh those" I say.

"Hey you up yet?" I hear a voice say. We both look to the entrance to see Lo'ak looking at us.
"You are, great about time" he says. Then Tuk shows behind him.

"Hey Tuk" I smile. She smiles and giggles as she skips over to me. She pulls me up by my hand and pulls me out the hut. I didn't want anymore of that nasty food anyway.

"Look Y/n!" She says excitedly. I look to where she points and we look at Kiri petting an Ilu.

"Oh wow!" I say enthusiastic for Tuk. But it was pretty awesome.

Lo'ak and Neteyam come out after us. Neteyam jumps off the path and into the water and Wade's his way through towards Kiri.

"Come on" Lo'ak says and pulls my arm as he passes. I turn to Tuk who has her arms reached out for me. She melts my heart.