Chapter 8

I woke up earlier in my avatar body this time as I asked my father if we could set things up a little quicker.

I look around and everyone's still sleeping soundly. Neytiri holding Tuk close to her, Kiri with her feet in Lo'ak's face and Jake next to Neteyam. I smile to myself thinking of how precious they are.

I tidy myself up a little and step outside the hut, I stand on the walk ways and bend down, cupping water with my hands and bringing it up to my face. As I do so I look up and notice something move from one of the other huts, it was like I caught someone or something that didn't want to be seen. I brush it off as it's still quite dark and put it down to seeing things.

I straighten up and stare at the direction for a while. Nothing shows so I walk the other way to the water. 

I hop off the platforms and land in the water quietly, I wade over until the sea drops in depth away from the village huts. I prepare my breath and dive in.

The water feels cool and refreshing on my skin. My hair flowing around like seaweed past my face. I swim around for a bit and admire the colourful corals, drifting over to them and feeling their buds wrap around my fingers. Then I look ahead to see all the corals and creatures lighting up in bright pinks, blues and purples. My eyes light up equally as bright. It looks beautiful with the dark surroundings cast by the moon that I couldn't tear my eyes off it.

I rose to the surface for a breath then wasted no time to go under again to gaze upon the scenery. There was small schools of fish dashing around in union, shellfish scuttling around on the crimped sea bed and starfish decorating the dull rocks. I swam down to the sand and picked up a pebble in the shape of a heart. It was flat and smooth. I grazed my thumb's over it, admiring it's perfect edges. As I looked at it a shadow began to form over it.

I frowned and turned my head around.

"MMMHH!" I mumbled as my heart spiked. Bubbles escaped my mouth, I kicked around in freight and tried to grab something. I held onto a rock edge. I then glared at who snuck up on me. His face grinning creepily and aqua eyes narrowing down on me in humour. I rolled my eyes then looked back to Ao'nung before I swam up for the air I had just lost seconds ago.

"Huuh!" I gasped as my head broke the water surface. Then another splash and Ao'nung appeared next to me, still grinning.

"What?" I asked him bothered, and quite embarrassed. Good thing it was too dark for him to see my red cheeks.

"What are you doing out?" He asks.

"Couldn't sleep, I'm trying to breathe longer" I tell him.
"What are you doing?" I add.

"Following you, you're up to something" he accuses.

"I'm not a threat" I tell him.

"You're a freak" he says, smiling without showing teeth.

"Aight, cheers" I say sarcastically, I then spin myself to face away from him. I inhale ready to dive under again, I place my head under the water and kick off the rock, diving down. I have the heart stone in my sights and reach out for it. I see a turquoise hand snatch it up before I can. I look up and frown at Ao'nung, but he looks like he's enjoying his little game. I hold my hand out to him to signal I want it back but he begins to swim backwards, holding it up for me to try and catch. I roll my eyes then swim after him.

He keeps swimming away and I keep following until he dissapears behind the corner of a stack of rocks. I feel my chest tighten a little but I keep my distance and follow. I approach the rocks and turn the corner carefully.

He's not there. I turn my head side to side but there's no sign of him. Asshole.

I turn to leave then that's when he appears behind me. I swish back a little in shock and my head hits the rock behind us. I screw my face up and hold behind my head in pain. When I open my eyes again I throw him an annoyed look. I hate being played around like I'm stupid.