Chapter 31

"You what?" I ask as I look up to him from the bed.

"You heard, now get up" he said and dissapeared from my view.

I slowly engage my back and abdominal muscles to pull myself up into a sitting position. I swing my legs off the bed and try to catch my balance, my head felt dizzy and I was awfully weak. I look down, exhaling deeply.

"Come on" he pushed impatiently. He then come closer and lifted me off the bed and onto my feet.

"Alright jeez..." I mutter, standing straight as I can. Quaritch ignored my attitude and opened the large metal door, he held it open for me and I walked out the room.

*Boom*

He shut the door, creating a heavy echo and informed a worker that I'm using the link bed inside.

He then takes me down the corridor towards my room again, as we were going before I wanted to switch.

"So what theories do you have?" I asked as we walked, I dragged on a little behind him.

"..."

"Alright fine" I huffed.

We get there and he wastes no time opening the door. We both had to bend down a little to enter the room. I glance back as he locks the doors behind him, making me uneasy.

"Do you have to?" I ask. He finishes locking the door before he turns to me.

"Yes, because you're as unpredictable as a stray dog." He says.

"Awh thanks" I smile.

"That's not a good thing" he says, furrowing his brows.

"Well it's a compliment to me" I retort. Mostly just disagreeing with him for the sake of it.

"Anyways, I want us to connect our hair again, I want to see if you can give me any memories or vice versa." He tells me. As he did my ears twitched a little, my tail swishing and showing my uneasiness.

"I..." I begin, trying to get my wording right.
"I mean, people don't really do that with just anyone." I add.

"Is it the whole 'mate' thing?" He asks, bending his two fingers down twice when he emphasizes the word 'mate'.

"Yes... It just should be kept as a mate thing. I don't really know how it works" I say, temporarily avoiding his gaze.

"But it's not forbidden, right?" He asks.

"No, but-"

"Then great, no harm done" he says and flashes a quick sarcastic smile. He takes a step closer and I almost jump two steps back. I receive a deathly glare for that.

"Alright fine let's just sit here and try to connect" I say, it's that or it'll get forced. I sit down infront of him and cross my legs, my arms resting on my thighs. He follows my lead and sits down opposite me too.

"Can you dim the lights? It helps with meditation" I say. He sighs then pulls himself up off the floor and walks to the door. He completely shuts the lights off. I flinch back a little, my ears pricking up.
"I meant-"

The floor lamp light then switched on, dimly illuminating the room, his tall black shadow besides it being seen again. He increases the intensity slightly then walks over to me again, sitting down opposite.

"Anything else?" He asks impatiently.

"No that's fine" I say and look into his eyes. I feel my chest begin to tighten slightly, my heart rate increasing.

"Now what?" He asks.

"Um... maybe if you uh..." I say getting nervous, I was trying to stall or throw it off.