Chapter 37

It was a dark blue banshee flapping it's wings along under the water, trying very effortfull to swim.

I squint my eyes once more, tilting my head, then the khaki clothes come into view. I spurt out bubbles and wave my arms all over in attempt to turn around. It was coming up fast. I swim towards the others.

"Go go!" I mouth as I point away to behind them furiously. Everyone begins to scramble around and swim off into the opposite direction, me following behind, Kiri grabs Tuk, swimming faster. Tsireya calls for an Ilu whilst Lo'ak pulls her along with him, Ao'nung was the first one in formation away.

I feel the waves pushing behind me as I'm swimming as fast as I could. All of us panicking. An Ilu answers Tsireya's call and shows up, Lo'ak holds onto it as it reaches them, Tsireya holding onto him from behind as he pulls her onto the Ilu behind him by her thigh.

I feel a push of water that knocks me off balance and causes me to roll forward. It was followed by sharp gripping talons that scraped past my back and shoulders.

"MHH!" I muffled, trying my hardest to keep my breath, my skin stinging right away. I see the banshee head to the surface seconds later as it misses me. The commotion causes Ao'nung to look back at me, he then turned fully and make a break towards me, his speed overpowering.

He reaches a hand out to me and I take it for a brief moment before the banshee dives under again and makes a head towards us. I panic and let go of Ao'nung, swimming downwards and in the opposite direction from everyone else. He then had to regroup with Kiri and Tuk, his eyes still on me.

I lead the banshee away as it's talons take multiple swings at me, missing each time. Thank god these aren't water creatures.

I use whatever rocks I can find to push off on, anything to pick up speed to lose this rider and it's banshee. The banshee soon surfaces again for air. I managed to slip away this time round.

......

I find another pod and take in my breath.

Once I leave it I swim the sea a bit, my eyes lay onto an idle Ilu that was swimming around freely. I make some clicking noises with my tongue as Ti'loni taught me and it answers, swimming over to me. I connect my tsaheylu and mount it, steering it across the water to find anyone from my team.

I ride for five minutes before I see Tsireya and Lo'ak being chased down by one of those crab machines again and a submarine looking thing from earlier too. I catch up to them.

Once I'm behind the machines I crash into the crab one, knocking it over as it scrambles to grab something for support. I immediately think for the Ilu to attack and it crashes its nose into the windshield, smashing a gaping hole in it and letting the water flood through. I immediately take off and follow after the other machine that was still chasing them.

I look up to see almost all the sea was darkened by the large shadow of the RDA aircraft. It was right above us. I charge the Ilu towards the little submarine jet.

Seconds before I collided with it I see a net from above firing down on them both, capturing Lo'ak and snatching Tsireya up with it by her leg. Their Ilu made a narrow escape.

I prepare myself for impact as the Ilu crashes with the submarine jet behind them. I look back as I've knocked it off balance, I take this time to order the Ilu to start biting at the net. I make eye contact with Tsireya, Lo'ak was trying to cut through the rope but he didn't have the strength like Ti'loni had for it. Tsireya looked terrified, afterall all this warfare was new to her unlike for the Sully's. I got off the Ilu and reached into the net, grabbing the knife off Lo'ak and sawing away as fast as I could at his previous attempt.