Chapter 40

"Rgh...fine!" Neteyam growled through his teeth then kept running ahead, pulling Lo'ak along with him. In the corridoor I'm running along I see Z-dog lining up a shot towards the two from over the half walls.

I charge myself and immediately collide with her, her bullets missing the top of Neteyam's head. My heart almost stopped until I saw him keep running unharmed. I exhaled deeply.

I was too distracted on him, giving Z-dog a chance to throw me down. On the floor she reaches over and pulls my legs from beneath me. I go crashing down and smack my head off the floor, I immediately cringed and curled myself up holding the back of my head.

"Ahh...son of a bitch..." I whined. She stood up and pointed her gun at me before she flipped it around, she raised her hands above her head and began to pull her hands down toward my head, aiming to knock me out. I squeezed my eyes shut and braced for the impact, turning my head away from her as I lay there helplessly.

I feel the sharp smack on my head but it wasn't properly aimed right, it knocked me dizzy and left blood trickling down a gaping cut on the side of my head.

"Ow!" She cried.

I open my eyes quickly to see her staggering against some crates, holding herself up, I then see Spider infront of me, holding his shoulder in pain as he's just pushed her out the way.

"You little shit!" She hisses and grabs for him. He ducks out of her grasp and begins to run the opposite way away from us, as she lunges for him I kick her leg in time as she crosses me, sending her to her knees. She growls more in frustration as I scramble to my feet and run another way, partially staggering on a few crates before I push myself up. As me and Spider run down different pathways, we look at each other over the debris and metal works.

We then keep running and end up meeting each other at the end of where both path ways connected.

"Thank you!" I squeal at him and pull him into a hug. He struggles under me a little before I let go.

"We gotta go now!" He hurried. He then took my hand and pulled me after him, letting go so I could run with him. A few marines caught on that we aren't supposed to be free and began chasing after us, spreading the word of where we are into their little radios. A few marines begin to run after Spider, afterall he's easier to catch.

I see him growing more panicked so I grab his hand and begin pulling him along with me like we did when we were younger. Just like old times.

I pull him up the small metal stairs that led us onto the top deck.

"Go, go!" I hush to him then let go of his hand, I push him along to the guard rails and he nods before he jumps over board. I frantically look around for myself, then my eyes layed onto the small human dressed all in black slumped over next to the metal pole. No one had disturbed me which was suprising, I thought my human body would've been moved by now.

I don't waste time to run over to it, I'm rushing around so my hands were a little shaky, I look around as I lean down towards my human, everyone was too busy shooting at the Metkayina warriors to notice me, Payakan was now in the distance, tackling the smaller singular boats. I didn't even know where everyone else was.

I see a small cut off by the base of the pole my human was tied to. I move her arms along and down, unlooping 'myself' free. I immediately kneel down more and toss myself over my shoulder, struggling up without toppling over. I changed positions to carrying myself bridal style and began to run towards the bottom of the ship, as I run I whistle for Pheobe.

I suddenly hear a lot of roaring and squarking in the distance behind me, I snap my head around expecting to see Pheobe. I see Lyle on his Ikran, below it I see it's carrying Kiri by the shoulders as shes struggling against its grip, he lands pretty rough onto the upper deck that I was on and trapped her under his Ikran's claws. I glance forward again towards the sea then back to Kiri, deciding what to do.