Chapter 18

I sit upright. I had a lie in which was generous of Neytiri to allow it.

I feel my bones creak and my muscles ache. I feel like I've done an insane full body workout at the gym for the first time.

"Ah Jesus!" I curse and lay down again. I hear footsteps come toward me and stop outside the large leaf curtain. I see an outline.

"Do you need help?" I hear Neteyam's voice ask.

"Uh maybe if you could hold the curtain open?" I ask. He does so and I see his hand draw the giant leaf to the side. He held it out the way for me and I wearily get up, crawling out my small bedroom space. He holds his hands out to me incase I fell, he then takes my hands in his, helping me up. I stand shakily but he supports me the best he can. He lets go a little and I feel my head go dizzy and feel a wave of blood crashing down. I almost fall back but his hand jumps to support my back.

I stand steadily and with about ten seconds I feel alright, just drained.

"You okay?" He asks, slowly letting go of me.

"Yeah, I'm just drained." I reply.

"Take a day off for rest alright?" He suggests.

"I'll try but I'll be doing light work" I say. He scrunches his mouth up a little and squints his eyes at me, tilting his head to the side.

"You sure you wanna do that?" He asks.

"Yeah, I need to or I'll feel worse" I say.

"Whatever you say, but please don't hesitate to ask for help. It's not a bad thing" he tells me. I smile and thank him then he leaves shortly after for work himself. I make sure I look presentable then eat the fruit that Neytiri left by my bed. I pull my hair out as it was messy all over and brush it flat, I just tie it in a high ponytail and plait the whole lot into it. It was a struggle and a hell of a chore in itself because I could only use one arm easily, I found myself having to drop my arm regularly to get the strain off it.

I took a step outside the hut and see everyone's busy doing stuff. It was More busy than usual actually which was a little odd, it just made me feel like I had to pull my weight even more. I then turn around and begin to walk along the bouncy raised pathways that hovered above the water below.

"Y/n!" I hear. I look behind and see Ti'loni trying to catch up to me, a basket under his arm against his hip, he lightly moves past a few busy people rushing around.

"Ti'loni" I smile. He stops infront of me, looking down and up again, smiling.

"How are you?" He asks.

"I feel awful, I was gonna ask Ronal if she needs help with any light work." I say.

"You should be resting, you don't look well" he says.

"Thanks, you too" I laugh a little, trying to convince him I'm fine.

"You look injured I meant, but even when you're unwell you look pretty" he says nervously, blushing a little.

"Awh, thank you" I say blushing back and getting all giggly.

"I give you the best medicine, laughter" he says with a small humourous bow. I blush even more. My heart screams for him, his little smile was killing me.

I see Ao'nung come up behind him, basket in hands too. He looks at me then to Ti'loni and nudges him.

"Hurry up before these spoil" he huffs and Ti'loni looks back at him, his smile fading. Ti'loni looks to me again and smiles once more.

"Will I see you later?" He asks me.

"Uh yes, I should be in" I say, motioning to the hut behind me. He then bows his head again and carries on walking, freeing the pathway from traffic. I watch him leave then Ao'nung walks past me slowly, his large, crystal ocean eyes watching my honey amber eyes carefully. I stare at him back, not breaking away. I'm not letting him intimidate me.