Chapter 29

I was screaming uncontrollably. I've never heard myself make this kind of noise before. I was hugging my knees and blinding myself of what's laying before me. I didn't want to ever see again if I'd be seeing his half blown head staring up at me all because I didn't speak up louder.

Above all my crying, I heard whimpering too. I quietened myself to try and hear better. I hear sniffling. I raise my head to see Spider standing there still. He's crying and snotting almost as much as I am. I'm in shock. I don't believe it.

"Get out" Quaritch orders and pushes Spider towards the door. He scrambles out, covered in blood, dripping it all the way down the hall. Quaritch shuts the door behind him and turns to me with a smile on his face again. I was so confused. This was hell on earth. My mind became dizzy, thoughts spiraling around the place.

He stepped closer. I try to shuffle back but my back was already pressed hard into the wall, any harder and I'd become the wall itself. He took a water bottle out from his tool box and a fresh bunch of tissues scrumpled up in his palm. He doused the tissues and leaned his hand in closer to my face. I flinched back so hard that I almost knocked myself out.

He had to hold me down just to touch my face. I turned my head to the side away from his demonic soulless fingers but he kept reaching closer. I closed my eyes.

He then very gently grabbed something off my face. It was a tiny looking wire.

"W...what's that?" I asked through tears, my lungs hitching.

"Isn't it amazing what the mind can do?" He asks. I stay there stunned and confused.

"W...what...?" I ask, I didn't understand. He twisted the metal around and tapped it with some metal pliers. Electric currents zapped through the wire, lighting it up slightly in shocks.

"I don't get it..." I sniff. My body still pounding in sharp pain. He then reached to my mouth and forced his fingers through.

He pulled out some more metal from my mouth. I was so confused.

"What...?" I asked again, glaring at it. This metal was slightly bigger with little squares dotted around it. He connected it to his pliers in his hand again, and again the same reaction happened with electrical currents zapping all around. While I was frozen he took the soaked bandages off my hands. I looked down.

My fingers were all there.

"What the hell?..." I quivered, my voice high pitched. I wiggled my red soaked fingers, they were all there. I began to think I was hallucinating. This isn't real.

"It's not real... I'm hallucinating..." I spoke.

"No you're not" he says deeply from above me. He leans closer from on his knees and takes the little metal squares off that were where he burned me. I stared at them in horror as he carried them through the air. My pain was easing.

"I don't understand..."

"It's simple once you get it. I put these on your body without you seeing them because they're so small, hidden by the size of the tool I used of course. Once contacted with metal they ignite and send intense volts of electricity through your skin, mimicking the second worst pain you can experience. To trick you further, I had packets of animal blood hidden in my palm. Once the plastic feels electricity, it explodes and pours out like real blood, just like ketchup packets."

He explained it all to me, even wiggling my fingers around with his fingers too as I sat there stunned. I couldn't believe it.

"B...but it was so real..." I say, tears falling from my face again.